Homesteading Forum banner
12161 - 12180 of 12189 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
We started our day with pepper and egg sandwiches for breakfast.
I've never made the peppers with any seasoning or ahead of time as instructed in this video.
We decided to make another batch of peppers and have them on hand for a day or two for other uses. They were very tasty. Got myself homesick for some Turano brand bread...

We went out for a few hours and had popcorn for lunch.
Dinner is undecided.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Well, not being at home I am not in control of the menu. My son wanted bbq, so we went to his favorite chain down here in Florida for brunch. I got smoked brisket and smoked pulled pork. Very good for a chain restaurant!
My grandson liked the Mac and cheese. I threw in a picture of him because he’s cute.
We stopped at Publix (or however they spell it) for some wings to make later.
Cloud Automotive parking light Tire Sky Wheel
Food Tableware Plate Ingredient Recipe
Smile Furniture Table Wood Chair

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I brought home some tenderized pork cutlets, tried to season them like breakfast sausage (failed, but still very good) we had them with applesauce and some scrambled eggs this morning.
DH picked out a tri tip, he's going to make a wood fire and plans on cooking it over the coals for dinner, baked potatoes in foil too. Salsa from a few garden tomatoes as a compliment to the steak.
Something with chicken tomorrow, I'm not sure what.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Breakfast was coffee and a banana.
For lunch my son and I walked my grandson to a little deli up the street. I got 1/2 a turkey sandwich on rye.
Supper was Buffalo Chicken casserole. Made in a crock actually. Noodles, chicken, and cheese with Buffalo wings sauce mixed in. My DIL is definitely a good cook! :)
Oh, and grandson Walker had raspberries! I think I saw a few actually make it to his mouth
Hand Product Tableware Finger Toddler

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Today was coffee, a banana and grapes.
We went down to the beach, so kids grabbed some fruit and “food” on the way there. Too early for me to eat yet.
I walked up to the deli back by his apartment when we got back, as they seem to have a pretty healthy menu. I got today’s special which was a turkey wrap on whole wheat with lettuce, tomato and banana peppers. Again, pretty good!
Grandson Walker had a local delicacy at the beach-watermelon with sand squished in.
Shoe Shorts Vertebrate Leg Luggage and bags
Blue People on beach Beach Shorts Trunks
Food Hat Ingredient Sun hat Seafood

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
While I was pandemic stocking I bought Brown bread in a can, never had it from a can, but decided to make beans and weenies with the bread on the side for lunch.

Dinner is leftover chicken breast maybe to top a salad, or tucked into a tortilla with fresh veggies.

Chicken Legs and thighs popped into the instant pot, shredded, and I'm thinking chicken noodle soup for tomorrow. Wings are being saved up in the freezer for a honey BBQ wing platter.

·
STILL not Alice
20,729 Posts
@doozie, how was that bread?

Tonight is a special supper for DH. I'm making Shrimp Alfredo, with broccoli on the side. Double fudge chocolate muffins topped with Bunny Trail (chocolate/peanut butter) ice cream. :)

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
@doozie, how was that bread?

Tonight is a special supper for DH. I'm making Shrimp Alfredo, with broccoli on the side. Double fudge chocolate muffins topped with Bunny Trail (chocolate/peanut butter) ice cream. :)
The bread was not bad, but I've made steamed brown bread myself and think it had a better/ sweeter taste.
It was also A bit pricy, but I was curious.
DH and I said it would be good for a camping trip, being in a can and all...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I wonder if they sell that bread in a can around here? Never seen or heard of it, but I wouldn’t exactly have been looking for it either. I’d try it just to say I had it. :)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I wonder if they sell that bread in a can around here? Never seen or heard of it, but I wouldn’t exactly have been looking for it either. I’d try it just to say I had it. :)
I've seen it sold in walmarts, kroger, meijer, and even some small stores in multiple states. There is one with raisins and one offered without raisins. I haven't had it in a few years - but the taste isn't bad. :) It isn't in the usual bread aisle in any of the stores where I've seen it.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
67drake - I enjoyed the pics you posted. I hope your trip is going well.

For supper tonight - it was pizza night. :)
Thanks! And if you couldn’t tell, I’m just looking for an excuse to show off my grandson. I saw him only briefly at Christmas last year. My son has been in the Marines, so never got the chance to see him! :)
Oh yeah, food. There’s mango and blueberries on the table there in front of them.
Couch Comfort Blue Smile Living room

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
They are great pictures @67drake, particularly your grandson in the restaurant.
I finished most of the dishes I made on the weekend, and froze the rest because I just can't eat minestrone for one more day. Dinner tonight came from a subway shop. Easy, lots of veggies, and I didn't have to cook it. Fresh peaches chopped into plain yogurt for dessert. I'm hoping I can get one final basket of peaches before the season is over. Fingers crossed.

·
STILL not Alice
20,729 Posts
I am at an Eric Clapton concert.

Popcorn. Beer. Corndog. :love:
DETAILS!!

Did he open with Layla? He did that back in the 70's.

I couldn't go, but friends told me all about it.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Today’s adventure.
2 cups of black coffee,a banana, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries for me.
Kids aren’t allowed to have a grill here, but there is a nice one a block down inside the pool area. We cooked bacon at home, then took burgers and some Nathan’s brand hot dogs and sliced cheese down to the pool, so we could swim and grill out.
Walker wasn’t really interested in swimming. He kept busy carrying rocks around and making sure the mulch around the palm trees was kept in order. If any was found on the pavers, it was his duty to put it back in place.
Walkers meal was - bites of a hot dog and pieces of cheese sprinkled lightly with mulch. Might have been some ants swallowed too, but I can’t say for sure.
Food Tableware Sandwich Ingredient Recipe
Food Tableware Water Table Plant
Joint Skin Hairstyle White Mouth
Shoe Plant Photograph Light Road surface

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Stuffed red bell peppers tonight.
I don't know what I did right this year, but the garden peppers have been giving me more than ever before. Probably just the weather.
I picked up corn from the corn stands last pick of the season, we had some in last nights chicken corn chowder, and will have more tonight too, maybe roasted on the grill.

I am thinking of picking up apples an apple crumble, but I'm not sure if I feel like making a trek today. It may be put on my to do list.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
A big salad for lunch. Last of the cherry tomatoes and the last cucumber from the garden. Garlic bread too.

Dinner is Philly joes. Looks messy but that's ok.
Fried corn in the skillet.

12161 - 12180 of 12189 Posts