Homesteading Forum banner

11881 - 11900 of 11913 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Last night for supper we had meatloaf, steamed green beans, and also a medley of steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.

Monday evening was a take out kind of evening, and I had one of the "salad bowls" from the Bibibop restaurant.

Over the weekend we travelled to congratulate our nephew for graduating high school. So Sunday was bbq ribs, cole slaw, broccoli salad, devilled eggs, fresh fruit (I had some of the strawberries), fresh vegetables, and cake (I didn't have any cake although it looked good).

Saturday evening was hamburger patties with cheese and vegetables, and a salad on the side.

I ended up coming home with two plastic grocery bags of asparagus and one of rhubarb from my dad and stepmom's garden, so will be doing something with that this week.

·
STILL not Alice
20,157 Posts
My office is in West Plains. The best part about the location (besides the incredibly cheap rent) is the pseudo-Chinese take out. I'll be bringing some of that home for supper. :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Haven’t really been posting much here, nothing too exciting, and too busy really.
I had some leftover pork loin for lunch at work, along with my usual fruit. My wife made another batch of the rhubarb sauce, with about half the sugar of the first batch she made. It came out just right, as I like it tart. I put some over a bowl of Cherry Cheesecake ice cream last night after dinner. It was awesome!

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Lunch is Tuna salad or tomato and cold crisp lettuce sandwiches.
Burgers and broccoli for dinner.
We've had so many hot days in a row to cook much indoors, and we have less of an appetite too.
Ice cream sandwiches for dessert.
The ice cream aisle was very sparse as far as selections yesterday at the store, I was looking forward to something else, maybe next time.

·
Gadabout
3,075 Posts
As usual, I didn't really need to cook because the fridge is full. I was reading about how Trump was right about taking hydroxychloroquine and zinc and starting thinking about which foods are high in zinc. I would rather get my vitamins and minerals from food, than from pills. So I ended up cooking quinoa with toasted sesame seeds (both high in zinc)

I really, really didn't need to cook. Nobody here is even sick. Now I have a big bowl of quinoa and sesame seeds, though. I'll probably end up freezing most of it.

·
Registered
843 Posts
My wife took a pork loin out of the freezer Tuesday. Yesterday she made angel hair pasta and Alfredo sauce, then put the cooked cut up loin in it. Excellent! So I had that last night. For dessert we took a trip with my wife’s uncle, who lives in the next town over, out for ice cream. There is a creamery in a town about 20 miles from us that has excellent ice cream, frozen custard, and serves simple hot sandwiches. The owners also own a dairy and hog farm. So they sell fresh and frozen meats, brats,jerky, ect. Always great food and ice cream.
It’s been so hot here in Wisconsin this week the power company said we have to shut all machinery and furnaces down till 6PM. So I’m sitting here in the dark break room eating my leftover pork loin Alfredo. Hey, I’m getting paid, and the microwave has power. :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
No it is a pasta made from Konjac. It is okay but not great. View attachment 97552 View attachment 97552
I haven't seen that brand before. It is amazing how many different brands are out there when it comes to keto products. I sometimes wonder if some items of various brands are made in the same facilities.

The Liviva Penne is made with water,Konjac (shirataki is Konjac), oat fiber, and citric acid. The oat fiber that is in it, is supposed to make it have a better texture similar to regular pasta. For the Penne I think they lied (or I'm not doing something right when preparing it, lol). The penne had a neutral flavor and so the flavor wasn't bad it was just the texture when chewing (I think of rubber bands or someone who overcooked calamari and made it rubbery). I heard the spaghetti and fettuccini that Liviva makes is better, so one of these days soon I need to try the spaghetti noodles and see if they have a better texture. I had bought a couple of pouches of their various items to try. If none of them are good - then onward in my search for something keto friendly that tastes closer to pasta (my wife has been missing mac n cheese while doing keto. The cauliflower mac n cheese we have tried was not to our liking).

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Tonight we are having boneless chicken on the grill then placed in a pan, topped with cut up Canadian bacon and topped with cheese. It's a lazy chicken cordon bleu...

I was at Aldi and picked up a Cucumber dill cheese spread, great on crackers. Then I saw a Crab Rangoon dip and it is nothing like the filling or what I was expecting, its a little spicy.

I think I'll make a little tray of topped crackers and what ever else I can find in the fridge for a lighter lunch after seeing the above comments.

11881 - 11900 of 11913 Posts