Homesteading Forum banner

11861 - 11880 of 11913 Posts

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
It's going to be a hot day today, and I am trying a new to us brand of frozen pizza for dinner that I got a half price deal on.
We've been making our own for so long I don't know when the last time we've had a frozen pizza in the house.
I might add more cheese or sweet red peppers and I saw an avocado topped pizza in a recipe search, so maybe some of that too...

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Well, placing cut cold avocado pieces on a hot out of the oven spicy pizza was not weird all. It kind of cut the hot and spicy to a mildly spicy.
If I ever happen to have avocados around when I make a pizza we would consider doing that again.

Tonight is little steaks on the grill, diced sweet potato grilled in a foil package and green beans.

·
Gadabout
3,075 Posts
Yesterday I made a batch of imitation cheese sauce (made with nutritional yeast, flour, margarine, water, and salt). My son is on antibiotics that won't let him have dairy, so I'm trying to make his food somewhat palatable.

I also started a fairly big batch (a quart and a half) of honeysuckle-infused bourbon. If we're going to get all this rain so the weeds go crazy, might as well get some use out of them. I don't drink, but this stuff is really good and makes good gifts. It will be ready in 6 weeks, just in time for my DIL's birthday.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Yesterday we went to Lo Casa De Los Lotos which is a Thai restaurant in Baca, Yucatan Mexico. Two of us had the red curry with chicken, another person had Pad Thai with chicken and other person had Pineapple with fried rice and shrimp. It was served in a pineapple boat. After lunch we walked around the gardens there. The flowers weren't blooming as much as they were the last time we were there. I was a great way to spend Sunday afternoon then we came back to our place and had 3 pitchers of margaritas by the pool.

·
Premium Member
41,725 Posts
Yesterday we went to Lo Casa De Los Lotos which is a Thai restaurant in Baca, Yucatan Mexico. Two of us had the red curry with chicken, another person had Pad Thai with chicken and other person had Pineapple with fried rice and shrimp. It was served in a pineapple boat. After lunch we walked around the gardens there. The flowers weren't blooming as much as they were the last time we were there. I was a great way to spend Sunday afternoon then we came back to our place and had 3 pitchers of margaritas by the pool.
Sounds like a great Sunday!

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
last night was a porkchop with a simple mustard sauce, along with steamed green beans and mushrooms sauteed in a bit of butter. I know that I have to cook the rest of the beans today before they start to turn,and think I'm going to make them in my wok with garlic, ginger and sesame oil, and probably stirfry some pork strips into the mix.

11861 - 11880 of 11913 Posts