Homesteading Forum banner

11741 - 11760 of 11954 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
And cauliflower rice isn't the same either. LOL :D

are you doing keto too?
I agree on the cauliflower rice. We are doing a low carb ( 20 per day) diet which includes using keto products. We use the fathead pizza dough recipe to make biscuits, bread and pizza crust. We have found alternative's for pasta. Some are okay and some aren't

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
@sniper69 How about this recipe? The crust sounds kind of weird, but it might be ok. Idk

Keto Strawberry Rhubarb Pie · Fittoserve Group

Gayle - thanks for the recipe link. I'll have to go out in my garden area later and see if I have any ripe rhubarb. Hopefully I will and hopefully it will be enough for 3 cups.

The crust doesn't sound bad - it seems to be similar (yet different) to some of the fat head dough recipes.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
We are having a sandwich rerun tonight, DH will probably make them so I've got the night off.

Tomorrow we go to the airport to pick up a son, there are several restaurants near by.
I also want to go to an international/Asian type big grocery store I found online, so who knows what I'll pick up to try or where we'll decide to eat.
This will be the most excitement we've had in months, LOL!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Sniper, I’ll have to look into that keto thing. Like I said I could stand to loose a few pounds. If you do visit Vickie’s cafe, you might have to take a break from the keto for a day! :)
67Drake - - Oh, definitely especially with that pie with bacon. :D That looks excellent.

If you have any questions on keto - send me a PM and we can discuss (at least what I've learned so far) - or we can talk on the phone about it.

Tonight for supper was chicken breast, steamed green beans with butter, and some applewood smoked gouda cheese. For lunch were some bunless burgers. :)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Saturday night my wife and I ate out since we had to drop our oldest daughter and her date off to prom (my 21 year old was watching my younger kids, so he ordered supper for himself and my younger children). So for supper I had a "million dollar cobb salad" with steak on top and blue cheese dressing. It was washed down with unsweetened tea. My wife had a sirloin with a side salad and steamed broccoli.

For Mothers Day (Happy Mother's day to the moms that post in this thread), my youngest wanted to make "breakfast in bed" for my wife. So she helped with making the batter and cooking the keto pancakes. The pancakes were cooked one at a time using a heart shaped metal cookie cutter for a form (My youngest said mom would like heart shaped pancakes. :) ) She then sliced a strawberry to make it "look fancy" and we put some whip cream on each pancake. My wife really enjoyed her "breakfast in bed".

For lunch some brats were cooked in the pan and we had brats and sliced cucumbers.

For supper, I fired up the charcoal and cooked some beef tenderloin and also some brat patties and hamburgers (I have two kids that requested burgers and one that wanted to try the brat patties I had gotten at the local meat counter - those three never seem to want steak when it is cooked - say they prefer burgers (I know, I know - when I was their age I would have rather had steak, lol :D )). Served with supper was a lettuce and spinach salad, and my wife had also requested "faketatoes" (cauliflower mash). My wife had a small slice of the Keto Kentucky butter cake (I have the slices individually wrapped in plastic wrap and in the freezer) for dessert.

Also, I had some ground beef and Italian sausage in the fridge calling to me to be cooked. So last night cooked up a double batch of the meaty chili and put it in containers in the fridge. My 21 year old took some for lunch today.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Yesterday I made stuffed peppers for the first time and they were pretty tasty though perhaps a bit mild. When I make a recipe for the first time I try to follow it as closely as possible and then adjust as needed next time 'round. I think I'll add some mild Italian sausage when I make them again. The recipe made six servings using three bell peppers cut in half so I used one each of red, orange and green as that's what I had in the house, and won't use a green pepper again; I prefer the sweeter ones. Four of the six servings are wrapped individually and in the freezer for another day.

Todays dinner is to be determined, probably fish of some sort, as I have a fair amount in the freezer.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Busy, busy, busy. So no cooking from me.
my usual 2 cups of coffee and a banana for breakfast. Lunch was leftover chili and a bag of strawberries and grapes.
We picked up some morel mushrooms from my sister in law. They picked them off of their land yesterday. So we threw some on a frozen pizza for supper.
A5519F34-8290-4592-A2EC-8740E0BB77C0.jpeg

·
Gadabout
3,089 Posts
I accidentally went grocery shopping today. I only meant to buy cottage cheese for egg bites, but meat looked good and was reasonably cheap ($1.39 lb for both chicken and beef), so I bought a beef roast and a big pack of boneless chicken breasts. I made butter beef out of the roast. It's still simmering in the crockpot. Tomorrow, I plan on trimming the chicken and cooking it, also with butter, and chopping the trimmings to make chicken meatballs. After all the meat is cooked and chilled, I'll portion it out and freeze some. There's no way I'd eat all of that before it went bad.

I also got some red, orange, and yellow bell peppers and some broccoli. I cut up the peppers and an onion, seasoned it with salt, drizzled on some olive oil, and baked the whole mess until it was tender. Then I added some garlic and cooked it a bit more to let the flavors meld. When it's cool, I plan on freezing it on a tray, then putting it in a ziploc to use as needed. It was good timing on the sale, since I was just about out of peppers and onions in the freezer.

I'll likely just steam the broccoli tomorrow and eat it with a little butter and parmesan.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Looks like it’s going to be morel mushrooms and….. for awhile. Tonight my wife made some boneless chicken breast and put some gravy and morels on top. It was great.
The usual breakfast 2 cups of coffee and a banana. But I got pretty daring. The other day I was in a BIG town on the other end of the county (population about 900 :) )that actually had a good grocery store. They had mix and match pods for the Keurig machine. I enjoy flavored coffee sometimes in the evening, but decided to try one this AM. I drank something called cinnamon grog. Not too bad.
For lunch, leftover sloppy Joe with no bread or bun. A also ate a bag of grapes, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries on break.
492617DE-5AE3-4D88-AF06-44A86A854C85.jpeg

11741 - 11760 of 11954 Posts