Homesteading Forum banner

11701 - 11720 of 11773 Posts

·
newfieannie
9,826 Posts
i've been out in the garden since 9am. didn't even stop for lunch. came in a little while ago. i was so hungry . threw on a haddock fillet and ate it on a bun with a few leftover carrots. it was sure good.

dont know what's for tomorrow. i'm low on food again and that was my last piece of fish and our cases are climbing so i'll probably have cream of wheat. good thing i like it. still have lots of flour to make home made bread. that spread with butter and molasses or brown sugar. could make a meal for me. canned food is still plentiful. ~Georgia

·
Registered
762 Posts
Finally a day off of work. I kept busy working on the project house and devoted a little time to my part time job for the village I live in.
Sooo, I was glad when I got back home about 7PM and my wife had cooked. She made some chicken breast then made a gravy with mushroom and onions added to put over the top. It was great, as usual.
I put some in a container to take work tomorrow, as well as some strawberries and raspberries.
Much nicer here today, about 85. Yesterday’s official temp was 91 I heard. A record. Usually about 65 or so here this time of year.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Leftover burgers for lunch and DH is having Chili over tater tots for dinner.
I'll have a grilled Swiss cheese on rye.
I'm thinking of making potato salad today or tomorrow too.
Super fancy sub sandwiches tomorrow need a filling side to go with.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Chili over tater tots sounds great right now. Another reason I love this thread,so many simple ideas I never would have thought of.
I think my wife has a batch of frozen chili, and I know I saw tots in the freezer last night. :)
If not a should have a can of “no bean” chili hanging around the pantry.

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
agree with the great ideas.^^ I saw your comment about egg salad sandwiches for lunch and now I'm eating mine, with a watermelon rind pickle, or three.
I impulse bought a couple big artichokes a couple days ago and they are going to feature in dinner tonight,how exactly is still to be determined. Side to be determined too but it'll be a simple one. Artichokes are a bit time consuming to get ready for cooking.

·
Gadabout
3,007 Posts
I made another batch of no-rise yeast dough yesterday. I'm going to use part of it to make a sort of pizza rolls (like cinnamon rolls, but with pizza stuff instead of butter and cinnamon sugar) I ground some pepperoni to use instead of slices because they distribute more evenly and won't slide out when you take a bite and burn you. Plus you get some in every bite.

11701 - 11720 of 11773 Posts