Homesteading Forum banner

11681 - 11700 of 11773 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Oh, a little story to tonight’s fish fry.
One of our neighbors invited us out for fish fry tonight, of coarse we said yes. Problem is that they go to the local bar in our town for their FF. I was torn. The fish and salad bar were great. I also had a cup of soup-Ham and potato.
After dinner I felt horribly guilty, and had a sense of loss. I needed to harass my favorite waitress! The wife and I decided to head to our usual Vickies diner for dessert. :)
I got a piece of Lemon Cream cake. My wife got a piece of Carmel coconut pecan to go.
I’m glad I came, as the youngest daughter/waitress had a graduation invitation waiting for me.

C4D38D6C-A024-4534-9C79-8CC028DDD3E5.jpeg
7CC6967A-AC20-498F-A95F-8FEA7CEF50CE.jpeg

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
The big question is - what kind of fish? :D :D

And the fish fry, salad, and dessert look great as usual.

Supper last night was smoked brisket, "faketatoes" (cauliflower mash with other stuff added), and collards with some smoked meat added.

·
Registered
762 Posts
The big question is - what kind of fish? :D :D

And the fish fry, salad, and dessert look great as usual.

Supper last night was smoked brisket, "faketatoes" (cauliflower mash with other stuff added), and collards with some smoked meat added.
Oh, it was cod. Taste was good, guilt for cheating on my waitress with another-bad.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I'm adding cannellini beans to the leftover Jambalaya to stretch it into another meal for two. I caught DH fishing out most of the sausage last night in what was meant to be lunch today.

Dinner is home made corned beef hash. Toast with jelly and eggs will probably be included.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I had to work today, and start 2 hours earlier than normal to boot, so up at 3:30 AM today. No motivation to cook. My wife pan fried some burgers when I got home. She had browned some onions and peppers in the pan with them. She also made up a different sauce to put on them. I think she said mayo, sour cream, and paprika. They were pretty darn good for a frying pan. Then I took a nap. Now wide awake at midnight, go figure.
Later for dessert I had some ice cream. I tried a new flavor. When I was at the store yesterday I grabbed a gallon of Cherry Cheesecake flavored. It was pretty good too!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I had to work today, and start 2 hours earlier than normal to boot, so up at 3:30 AM today. No motivation to cook. My wife pan fried some burgers when I got home. She had browned some onions and peppers in the pan with them. She also made up a different sauce to put on them. I think she said mayo, sour cream, and paprika. They were pretty darn good for a frying pan. Then I took a nap. Now wide awake at midnight, go figure.
Later for dessert I had some ice cream. I tried a new flavor. When I was at the store yesterday I grabbed a gallon of Cherry Cheesecake flavored. It was pretty good too!
Sorry you couldn’t cook tonight get some rest and cook a good breakfast tomorrow to start the day! I have a busy day tomorrow I’m trimming up 200+ goats becuase it’s starting to heat up big time out here in Texas so we need to clip the goats then they get fly sprayed to prevent flys and get lice treatment as-well also get yearly vaccinations. So yeah long day tomorrow

·
Registered
762 Posts
Sorry you couldn’t cook tonight get some rest and cook a good breakfast tomorrow to start the day! I have a busy day tomorrow I’m trimming up 200+ goats becuase it’s starting to heat up big time out here in Texas so we need to clip the goats then they get fly sprayed to prevent flys and get lice treatment as-well also get yearly vaccinations. So yeah long day tomorrow
Sounds like another busy day for you! I can’t imagine doing 200 or more in a day. The only experience I have doing anything like that is helping a friend do her horses and donkeys hoofs. I couldn’t do 200 a day for sure.
Speaking of heat, my truck dashboard said 92 degrees on the way home today. If that’s accurate, I’m sure it broke a record for up here in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Sounds like another busy day for you! I can’t imagine doing 200 or more in a day. The only experience I have doing anything like that is helping a friend do her horses and donkeys hoofs. I couldn’t do 200 a day for sure.
Speaking of heat, my truck dashboard said 92 degrees on the way home today. If that’s accurate, I’m sure it broke a record for up here in Wisconsin.
WOW yeah I’ll have 3 people helping us and they all are experienced in shaving goats and have helped us for 4 years in clipping my show goats and clipping the other 200 goats haha

·
Registered
501 Posts
So today’s brunch is pretty boring made me a burrito with some blueberries and sesame seeds with it
We’re getting ready to clip down the animals! My dad said for me to just hang out inside or just come and chill while clipping because I’ve done enough work with the animals so I guess I’m not clipping any animals today.
C60134E1-8F52-48F7-A205-C265D6A57B49.jpeg
ABA8A39F-E4B4-4C0E-8CD0-523AECC27C25.jpeg

11681 - 11700 of 11773 Posts