Homesteading Forum banner

10921 - 10940 of 10962 Posts

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Shaved steak for cheesesteak sandwiches tonight. Fries in the air fryer. Green beans on the side too.
Toaster strudel from the freezer for dessert, I love those things and have not picked them up at the store for a long time. I don't travel that aisle at the store much anymore.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
A pot roast with carrots, parsnips, green beans and potatoes. Home made rolls for dipping in the gravy. I think I'll have leftover roast for sandwiches for tomorrow.

Maybe a fancy jello dessert, maybe plain. I have whipped cream I need to whip up and use for something. I might freeze some dollops for my hot cocoa.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
We had rice with our pot roast last night, so tonight we are having hamburger fried rice.
It sounded a little different to me, I usually just use leftover pre cooked meat but I see all sorts of ideas for fresh burger online.

We also saved enough of the small roast for sandwiches this afternoon. Yum!

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
A pot roast with carrots, parsnips, green beans and potatoes. Home made rolls for dipping in the gravy. I think I'll have leftover roast for sandwiches for tomorrow.

Maybe a fancy jello dessert, maybe plain. I have whipped cream I need to whip up and use for something. I might freeze some dollops for my hot cocoa.

I smell a roast slow cooking now......
I'm about to take my wife out on errands but I think some fixins for her roast will be in order.

·
newfieannie
9,307 Posts
i made some fudge this morning and a couple small christmas cakes. i usually give away 20 or so but that's all i'm making.

Christmas is going to be cancelled this year i think. everything is being shut tight as a drum again. my son doesn't eat fruit cakes. he'd rather have yule logs and the like. ~Georgia

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I'm making more bread, burger buns and French rolls today, I'm attempting not to use store bought bread for the entire winter, haha, we'll see how that goes. I am getting much better at it so it's not such an overwhelming task anymore.

Tonight grilled cheese and ham sandwiches and soup from a can unless I get inspired to make a pot.

·
newfieannie
9,307 Posts
i got up at 5am. waiting for the house to get good and warm so i can put up another batch of orange rolls. it's friday and the dear boy drops in earlier for his weeks food.

i wondered how he was going through all the rolls for just him(although he's able to put away lots of food.) find out he's taking them to work and sharing with the men. last night i stayed up late and made his chowder, fish cakes and rice krispie squares. ~Georgia

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Sloppy joes with lots of chopped peppers added to the mixture. I'll have plenty left over for a few lunches.

I'm taking out a tiny marinated pork tenderloin from the freezer for dinner tomorrow.
I'm making puréed parsnip stuffed zucchini boats on the side, we have not had them in years. I'll probably make roasted cubed squash in the oven too.

10921 - 10940 of 10962 Posts