Homesteading Forum banner

10901 - 10920 of 10962 Posts

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Today I made made 4 Hoagie Rolls, two plain, two with Parmesan and Italian seasonings on top. It smelled soooo good while they were baking.

We ate one as soon as we could, and will split one to have with our leftover soup for dinner.

Tomorrow we will have submarine sandwiches with the seasoned rolls for lunch.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Tonight for supper, put a couple frozen pizzas in the oven to go with the salad that was made. The pizzas were Wild Mike's pizza (supreme and a cheese). All washed down with a Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen (German beer).

Wild Mike's Ultimate Pizza I first tried this brand last month when visiting a family member in Utah. I had never seen the brand before. Then last week at walmart, I saw them (no other stores in my area have them). of course a few had to follow me home from the store. :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Salmon, cauliflower, and small baked potatoes. I'm not sure how or if I'll season the salmon yet.
Baked with a little butter, little salt and pepper. I like the taste of fresh Sslmon. I hve it once a week. Tuna once a week. I love fish. Catfish in the Spring and Bass in the Summer. Ham and eggs with a sweet roll this morning.

·
Gadabout
2,727 Posts
I made a double batch of finger sandwiches for the weekend (crescent roll dough on the bottom, a thin layer of Dijon, shredded Swiss cheese, shredded chicken, minced ham, more Swiss cheese, and top it off with another layer of crescent roll dough. Bake and cut into 'fingers')

I also made some ham and cheddar salad for sandwiches, breakfast sandwiches, steamed broccoli, chicken broth in jelly glasses (just heat and drink), sliced chicken breast, sliced ham, and cinnamon rolls (from scratch). Everyone can eat whatever they want, whenever they want.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
We liked the potato bread, it's a do again, and this is the recipe I used.

I lost track of time and over rose the loaves, everything turned out OK in the end.
Nice soft bread. Probably great for rolls.
I'd try another recipe with egg next time, even richer taste I would think.

Today is home made sausage pizza for lunch, and Split pea and ham for dinner with the bread to dunk.

I also found a recipe for ham butter I might try today too since I'm using ham in the soup.
Basically place cubed ham and butter in food processor to make a spread for biscuits or bread.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
This morning Latkes with the leftover mashed potatoes from the bread ingredients.
Lunch, finish off all the sub lunchmeats with sub sandwiches.
Dinner party melts with lots of carmelized onions on rye bread.

Tomorrow vegetable soup, or just an assortment of roasted veggies for dinner.

·
Gadabout
2,727 Posts
I've got the filling for breakfast burritos cooling - eggs, peppers, onions, ham, bacon bits, and half a ton of cheddar. When it's cool, I'll fill the tortillas, wrap them individually in waxed paper, and throw them in the fridge for breakfast(s).

I'm also experimenting with yogurt. I always make my own, but wondered if using the contents of probiotic (acidophilus) capsules would work, so I heated some milk and stirred it in. Before I even had the milk heated, I started to wonder if you could do the same thing with powdered milk, warm water, and the capsule contents. I'm only trying a cup of each. They'll probably take overnight. I'll let you know if either one turns out. I'm really hoping the powdered milk one works. That would be a great item to make from preps since everything can be stored on the shelf.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Denver omlettes for breakfast.
Burgers, baked beans and a small pan of roasted veggies on the side.
We bought vanilla ice cream and I made a mini carrot cake for dessert last night.

We haven't had ice cream in I don't know how long, I think milkshakes with frozen peaches added will happen tomorrow too.

10901 - 10920 of 10962 Posts