Homesteading Forum banner

10841 - 10861 of 10868 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Two nights ago we got take out from the local Italian restaurant. One of us had the Special Tuscan chicken with penne pasta, the other one got the Chicken Parmesan with a side order of spaghetti in a marinara sauce. We also had an order of cheesy bread that we shared.
Last night we had leftovers since each order was enough for 2 people.

Today we will be smoking some St. Louis Style Ribs and will have potato salad and baked beans with it.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Tonight for supper will be chili and cornbread - perfect for the weather changing and with the light rain we've been blessed with today.
Last night was spaghetti. I had the regular sauce, as well as a sauce with sautéed zucchini, summer squash, and red onions added. Cooked separate was some Italian sausage to add on top of the spaghetti.
Tuesday night we had some Koegel Dinner Franks, mashed potatoes, and steamed green beans.

The weekend was a whirlwind and went by to fast - we visited our son who lives out of state. We ate a wide variety of tasty foods.

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
I have a ton of food in the fridge, so all I cooked today was a batch of Chex Party Mix. I wouldn't have made that, except I was given a box of Corn Chex, so I figured, 'why not'.
Those Chex party mixes are addictive. I've heard that the mix keeps for up to a week in a tightly sealed container, but I have no idea if that's true, there's never any left after two days around here!

Dinner was from a local Middle Eastern restaurant, their sampler tray with six dips and salads,plus fresh made flatbread (made in front of me). I cooked a lamb kebab too. I suspect I'll be having the same dinner tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Kitchen mishap yesterday, long story short is that I scalded my hand with the meat sauce. Salvaged the dinner though.

DH has put together the Split pea soup with ham for tonight, and he will have something from the freezer, probably breaded fish, with it. I'll be fine with just the soup, its hearty.
I don't even have to do the dishes, he is taking over all kitchen duties :)

·
Registered
8,840 Posts
I am pulling a couple of ribeyes out of the freezer this morning. It will be a nice Saturday night treat.
I'll grill them over some aged oak with a little charcoal, throw some of our summer corn next to them, a few baked potatoes onto the embers below and maybe simmer some baked beans the way God intended.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Today is home made cheese pizzas for lunch, dinner will be pinto beans and a rice/salsa mixture with a burger patty along side.
I set up no knead rye bread yesterday, so I'll pop a loaf of rye in the oven when I make the pizza,trying a new recipe so fingers crossed it looks as good as the picture that went with the recipe.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Friday night ended up being a roast beef sandwich on my way to camping with my sons cub scout den (he wanted a quarter pound burger instead of roast beef, lol). Of course s'mores for dessert. Woke up Saturday morning to 30-31 degrees (Fahrenheit). Talk about a chilly morning. The coffee (for me) and hot chocolate (for my son) was definitely welcomed (I was warm until I got out of my sleeping bag, lol). Saturday's supper ended up being some burgers and hot dogs on the grill with tater tots, green beans, and some fresh veg on the side.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Just leftovers for lunch and dinner. I made a mountain of beans, so something beany for tomorrows lunch too.

We went shopping today and picked up fresh cheese curds and potatoes. DH wants me to make Poutine tomorrow, I've never made it before. I might even break out the oil fryer for the fries instead of using the air fryer.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I think we will have lasagna for two made in a bread pan, with side salads.
I'll probably have leftover ricotta, I came upon a recipe for small batch of ricotta pound cake cupcakes for dessert.
We will be working outside today and building up an appetite.

10841 - 10861 of 10868 Posts