Homesteading Forum banner

10801 - 10820 of 10868 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Last night for supper was some Flanken style beef ribs on the grill. Lunch yesterday was beef tips with sauteed mushrooms and onions with some mashed taters and baked sweet potatoes.

Saturday night we had lemon chicken with steamed green beans. The chicken tenders were breaded with a mix of almond flour with some salt and pepper.

·
Gadabout
2,711 Posts
I cooked 2 boneless chicken breasts last night. These were not your average chicken breasts, though. They were ginormous! Two of them filled a 9"x13" pan! I just salted and peppered them, covered the pan, and cooked them low and slow until they were falling-apart tender. Then I shredded them and let them absorb the liquid that cooked out of them. I know that sounds boring, but it was so good! I froze 3 quarts of the meat and still have quite a bit in the fridge - about 1/3 of it.

Before I put the breasts in the pan, I trimmed them and ground the trimmings. I cooked the ground chicken in a small saucepan with olive oil and some salt and pepper., covering it for a little while so it could steam. Once it was cool, I spread it out on a tray and froze it. I ended up with a quart of that, too.

I love having cooked meat in the freezer. I can add it to all sorts of things (casseroles, salads, soups, etc) or just add some sort of sauce or cheese and eat it on noodles, rice, quinoa, or buns.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I found everything bagel sprinkle topping a while back and I am going to attempt onion bagels, I can't find a decent tasting store bought bagel anywhere here. ( not that mine will be any better LOL) I've got nothIng but time today, so it will keep me busy.

Split pea soup minus the ham for a change, cubes of potato in its place.
Burgers on the grill.

·
Gadabout
2,711 Posts
I just ate the rest of the finger sandwiches so they wouldn't go bad. Everybody is eating whatever leftovers they feel like eating. I'll start cooking again tomorrow now that the fridge is getting reasonably cleared out. I started a gallon of yogurt today. It will be ready in the morning. I'm running the dishwasher now so it will be ready for the onslaught tomorrow. I already have a list of dishes I'm planning on making. Knowing me, I'll probably add more.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Last night was an order supper (take-out) night. For supper I had a sandwich from a local restaurant called Melt Bar and Grilled. The Sandwich is called Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. Very tasty and filling.

·
Gadabout
2,711 Posts
So far, I've made a bag of cod (baked with butter), 3-ingredient pancakes (to teach DIL how to make them), breakfast sandwiches (including the bread for them), chicken pinwheels (with 2 kinds of cheese), and put away the gallon of yogurt and half gallon of buttermilk that I made yesterday (they both needed to sit out overnight). I'd probably make more food, but the fridge is pretty full.

Now I need to run the dishwasher and clean the house. The fun never stops.

10801 - 10820 of 10868 Posts