Homesteading Forum banner

10741 - 10760 of 10784 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
The past week I've revisited a few cereals from my youth for breakfast.
Life and Fruit Loops boxes were opened, I'm enjoying them and have Apple Jacks and Frosted Shredded Wheat next in line. I almost never buy (it's been years) this sort of thing so it's been a real treat.

Pork chops, applesauce and Delicata squash for dinner tomorrow.

An unnamed mystery roast from the butchers meat bundle I picked up months ago and assorted roasted veggies the next day.

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Apple Jacks! I haven't seen those in stores in Canada for years - of course I haven't looked for them either..I will now. Lunch today was from an Italian deli, a thick slice of grilled eggplant covered with pesto, mozzarella and thin sliced tomato on top, then put under the broiler to brown a bit. Fantastic, and very filling. Tonights dinner is going to be left over goulash soup and maybe a piece of toast too. I picked up a basket of peaches on the weekend, so no guess what's for dessert.

·
Banned
30,992 Posts
I making a meatloaf (beef and pork mixed), sauteed green beans, and a salad.

·
Gadabout
2,668 Posts
Yesterday, I turned quite a few of my leftovers into other dishes. Spaghetti sauce, noodles, and half a container of cottage cheese became lasagna. Leftover rice are now yet another batch of black bean burgers (very popular here). I can't remember what else.

I had just finished cleaning up the kitchen and my son came in with a pork loin, so I cooked that last night.

This morning, I used some leftover rotisserie chicken and a can of crescent rolls, along with some cheddar cheese to make pinwheels. They weren't too bad. The bottoms could have been crisper.

I also made a graham cracker crust and filled it with cheesecake (the unbaked kind because I'm lazy)

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
I helped some people process five bushels of tomatos into what seemed like a bazillion jars of sauce today. We ate some of the sauce on pizza and pasta (both homemade), plus the last of their sausage made last November...and salad from the garden. Plus wine. I love doing this type of batch processing with a bunch of people. It was a great day!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Monday night we had homemade butternut soup and a salad.
Tuesday night we had grilled garlic brats and French fries. One day healthy...the next? Not so much... but tasty!
Wednesday night we had leftovers from Tuesday night.

I thought i had posted Monday and Tuesday meals but it was still sitting here waiting on me to hit post...lol

·
Registered
872 Posts
Sunday was some chicken tacos (made with ground chicken) Also had made a meatloaf, with mashed potatoes and corn (my kids love meatloaf :) ). Monday we had a sort of chicken soup, and Tuesday we had lime chicken and rice bowls (topped with tomatoes and lettuce). Last night was a pumpkin, apple, blackbean chili. Tonight is a roasted spaghetti squash with sauteed mushrooms and onions, with some tomatoes from the garden.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Dinner last night was fried chicken breast and fries. We got the chicken from a local company in Merida who delivers to the beach. The whole breast was so big that we split half of one. Still have another one to have for breakfast.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I made a pack of chicken tenders, seasoned and browned for topping salads, or making a sandwiches.

Instant pot enchilada pie with the remainder of the roast for dinner tonight. I'm really looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
I don't have a car so when my sister asked if I wanted to drive to Costco I jumped at the chance. One day later I'm still shoehorning "stuff" into storage, including the freezer. Tonight I'm experimenting with some of the bag of artichokes I bought, plus some wild Coho salmon. Lunch today was fresh buffalo mozzarella with tomato and basil. That was the first time I'd tried mozzarella made from buffalo milk and I loved the richer smooth taste. However the cost is a lot higher than cows milk mozz so it'll be an occasional treat.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I'm trying something new to us, just seasoned and pre-prepared differently.
Kielbasa type sausage, peppers, onions, red and sweet potatoes all cubed, seasoned with some garlic and chili powder, cooking oil added to the mixture then vacuumed packed in a bag and refrigerated overnight. (I use chili powder exclusively in chili) but this sounded interesting to us.
It all gets popped into a skillet tonight.

10741 - 10760 of 10784 Posts