Homesteading Forum banner

10521 - 10540 of 10550 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
I had a chicken avocado salad for lunch that someone else makes which always tastes better. Tonight there's a bbq, fingers crossed that the rain holds off until after midnight. The host is smoking ribs and chicken so that's one of the things I'll be having for dinner.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yesterday I just kept snacking on the cold veggie/fruit platter, and I also had a peanut butter and cherry preserves sandwich on whole wheat. I'm down to the bottom of the cherry preserves jar, so I'll either have to get another jar or replace it with something different. However, I really like the cherry preserves.

Today I'm again making a huge batch of my version of 5-bean casserole in the slow cooker. I'll freeze most of it for easy heat-up meals, but I'll leave enough out for a few meals. I like it so much that I could eat it almost every day. I guess that I would eventually get tired of it, but it would take several days.

·
Registered
30,709 Posts
I ended up with a delicious eggplant parmesan yesterday, a salad, and a slice of their handmade Italian bread. It was lovely. No one was very hungry last night, so we picked at leftovers.

Today I will do shrimp (or seafood) green curry with lots of veggies.

·
Registered
30,709 Posts
Yesterday I just kept snacking on the cold veggie/fruit platter, and I also had a peanut butter and cherry preserves sandwich on whole wheat. I'm down to the bottom of the cherry preserves jar, so I'll either have to get another jar or replace it with something different. However, I really like the cherry preserves.

Today I'm again making a huge batch of my version of 5-bean casserole in the slow cooker. I'll freeze most of it for easy heat-up meals, but I'll leave enough out for a few meals. I like it so much that I could eat it almost every day. I guess that I would eventually get tired of it, but it would take several days.
Every time you mention the peanut butter and cherry preserves sandwich, I go into extreme craving mode. It sounds wonderful.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Haha, i have put cherry preserves on my shopping list, a favorite as a child, and I'm the only one here that will eat them, and now I really want them.

Tonight is BLT club sandwiches.

I might make some "baked" beans in the pressure cooker too, LOL.
I found a recipe for steamed brown bread in the pressure cooker that sounded good so that might happen too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Irish Pixie, I guess that I do mention the peanut butter and cherry preserves a lot, but that's because I really like them both, and I eat a LOT of sandwiches made with them.

doozie, you are very wise to add cherry preserves to your shopping list. It's an absolute necessary staple for me, and I should probably buy more than one jar at a time, so that I don't have panic attacks whenever the jars run out.

CHEERS! to you both.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
I had ribs last night at a bbq which were fantastic and I could eat them every day. I have 2lbs of cherries on the counter that I planned to eat fresh until all this talk about cherry preserves further up the chain has me wondering if I could turn them into preserves, just enough for a 16 oz jar. Lunch was a Kale salad that was very....nutritious :( Oh, for dinner? Green curry thai chicken, with broccoli mixed in the sauce too. Fresh peach with yogurt some time today.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I ended up making the Boston brown bread in the instant pot, never had it before, pretty tasty stuff. Beans will happen in the future.

Tonight is meatballs that have ground beef, Italian sausage, and ricotta cheese mixed with other ingredients.
Something new to me using the ricotta cheese and they look great simmering away.

Meatball sandwiches for dinner tonight with fries. Maybe pasta and meatballs tomorrow for dinner.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Once again, I've been grazing on the cold veggie/fruit platter for most of the day. I'll probably just have a ham & pepper-jack cheese sandwich & a tossed salad for supper tonight. That will suit me just fine, because I'm not really interested in having a more substantial meal

On another note, UPS was supposed to pick up a package today, that they mistakenly delivered to me last Friday (wrong address by almost 150 miles). Well, the day is over and no sign of them. Sigh! :-(

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
It was a very cool night last night so I made a meatloaf after dinner with....the rest of the ricotta cheese I had opened.
It turned out great and DH is happy he will have meatloaf sandwiches for lunch for a while.

·
Registered
30,709 Posts
Mr. Pixie is home tonight so we having marinated grilled chicken. He's obsessed. It is good, so I don't mind having it once a week and there's the added plus of him cooking it. :) My contribution will be sauteed green beans and mushrooms, and a salad.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm having French toast with maple syrup & some cantaloupe/blueberries for breakfast.
For tonight's supper, I've been marinating some chicken for Souvlaki that I'll have in Pita bread. I'll also have a Greek salad with Greek vinaigrette.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
BLT's again, and I'm going to try and find a recipe for homemade tomato soup using fresh tomatoes, they are forming a hill on my counter top.

My gosh, a little store by me had local grown tomatoes going for 3.25 a pound...I'm tomato rich!

I'm planning on making some salsa too.

·
Registered
30,709 Posts
I just put a London broil in the slow cooker with pepperoncinis and their juice. I'll let it cook on low for 8 hours, and it will fall apart delicious. I'll add broccoli and a side salad.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Well a little behind here! We weren't planning to have shrimp but lo and behold the shrimp was thawing in the deep freeze! Yikes! Quick change of plans. We had spaghetti topped with shrimp scampi. There is quite a bit of shrimp left so.....

·
Registered
105 Posts
For breakfast I'll again have French toast with maple syrup, because I still have barely enough egg wash for another serving. I'll also again have cantaloupe/blueberries just because it makes me happy.

Supper tonight will either be: leftover chicken souvlaki with tzatziki sauce & pita bread, and another Greek salad with Greek vinaigrette; or something else to be determined later.

10521 - 10540 of 10550 Posts