Homesteading Forum banner

10481 - 10500 of 10550 Posts

·
Registered
30,709 Posts
We're having takeout with the grands tonight. We haven't decided what it will be tho.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Snowlady,
Those beans sound really good, too. What kind of beans do you use, baked beans, other kinds of canned beans, dried beans, etc?

Today I'm going to bake a frozen Supreme pizza. I hate using the oven this time of year but I've been wanting pizza for a couple of days, and I have no desire to order delivery/take-out when I have a couple of pizzas in the freezer.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
It’s 2 cans of pork n beans, a can of rinsed dark red kidney beans and a can of rinsed butter beans. FYI, look into a a Pizza-pizazz. Counter top pizza cooker, it turns and cooks top and bottom in a short amount of time (no pre-heating). My son learned to cook all kinds of stuff on it in college. We just use it for pizza.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Snowlady,
Thanks for your reply regarding the bean varieties, and for the Pizza-pizazz info. I'll definitely research it, although I'm very hesitant to acquire another appliance that would require storing or using counter space. However, It does sound interesting.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Last night we learned plain Greek yogurt is a great stand in for sour cream on baked potatoes. I've always heard that it could be used as a substitute but never tried it.

I'm doing the pre seasoned pork roast in the pressure cooker shortly and we will have pulled pork on pita bread tonight.

·
Registered
30,709 Posts
We're having a cookout with the grands today, it's going to be a hot and humid day, so the pool and porch will be perfect.

Hot dogs, hamburgers, spiedies, macaroni, potato, and green salads, and a fruit salad for dessert.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
It's hot and humid here today so I grilled some vegetables in the oven early today (8am early), eggplant,peppers,tomatos and red onion, with olive oil, oregano and pepper, that'll stay good for a few days. With that I'll have leftover cold chicken.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Tonight we ordered dinner from Siqueff Restaurant in Merida. They delivered to the beach and it was delicious! Eddy had Alambre de carnero (skewers of lamb) and I had Alambre de Res (skewers of beef). We also ordered some tabule. Big portions! Enough left for lunch tomorrow!

·
Registered
30,709 Posts
I found a Mexican spice rubbed flank steak at the butcher shop the other day, so I'm going to cook it in the sous vide (it says 45 minutes), and sear it the grill. I'll cut it into strips and use it in a southwestern salad.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Today I had a peanut butter and cherry preserves sandwich for brunch.

For supper I'll have a piece or two of the supreme pizza that I baked the other day. I'll also have some fruit/veggie platter items.
I might even have a chocolate brownie for desert (or not), it just depends on my mood at the time.

·
Registered
30,709 Posts
I'm making a tomato, feta, shrimp dish and put it over cauliflower rice, and a nice side salad.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
We ended up having Burgers for lunch, and DH will have last nights dinner leftovers for dinner.

I picked up sweet corn from the roadside stand today and I'm having an ear or two for dinner and a salad with what are turning out to be some super sweet cherry tomatoes from the garden.

·
Registered
30,709 Posts
I'm thinking takeout, but we haven't determined what type yet.

Reactions: susieneddy
10481 - 10500 of 10550 Posts