What's Cooking at Your House Part 2

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Grandmotherbear, Apr 8, 2015.

1. krackin

krackin Well-Known Member

Pancakes. Love 'em. I took my leftover sourdough pancake batter and converted it into pizza crust for tonight. 'Bout ready to build as soon as peppers and onions cook down.

2. Lisa in WA

Lisa in WA Formerly LisainN.Idaho Supporter

I have a pork shoulder roasting in the oven. Mashed potatoes and pork gravy, green beans and cranberry or applesauce to go with it.

3. alida

alida Well-Known Member Supporter

Did the jelly gell? I was thinking about your comment when I made grape jelly today,and never will again. It gelled well with Certo and tastes good, but not better than I can buy. The jelly bag had to be suspended from a drying rack set up in my shower as I didn't have anywhere to hang it from in the kitchen. My carpeting from the kitchen to bathroom is off white so I was paranoid about drips anywhere of that grape juice during both trips.

4. newfieannie

newfieannie newfieannie Supporter

yes it turned out lovely . so good on crackers with cream cheese. I plan to make more for xmas gifts. I also found a recipe for pickles today that my sister gave me many years ago. she had a note enclosed saying they were the best pickles she ever tasted. apples and onions etc. i'll have to try them. ~Georgia

5. Oregon1986

Oregon1986 Well-Known Member

We had an early Thanksgiving type dinner yesterday for my son's 3rd birthday so tonight was leftovers

6. pixiedoodle

pixiedoodle Well-Known Member

1/3RD LB. ONION INFUSED HAMBURGER PATTIES WITH CHEESE, FRENCH FRIES IF I HAVE ANY, IF NOT, I'LL FIND SOMETHING ELSE AND CORN ON THE COB. WILL LOOK TO SEE IF THERE IS ANY SWEET TREAT ALREADY MADE. IF NOT I'LL WHIP UP SOMETHING GOOD OR USE THE NUTTY CARROT CAKE BARS FROM THE FRZR WITH COOL WHIP.

MoBookworm1957 and CountryMom22 like this.
  7. newfieannie

tried the pickles today after I came back from the country. I only made a 1/4 of the batch so as not to have too much to throw away just in case of failure. they are so good! 002.JPG 004.JPG so much like the ones my mother use to make but she didn't use apples. I might tweak it a bit. add a little more vinegar maybe. i'll leave the spice bag in it until later tonight. I could make a meal of these with home made bread.

saved a couple apples out and made an apple crisp for my supper. served it with cool whip and partridgeberry jam. apple crisp is perfect for a cold day. we're expecting snow tonight~Georgia

8. CountryMom22

CountryMom22 Well-Known Member

Raw, rainy and cold here today so I decided to use the leftover steak from last night to make beef stew for tonight's dinner. With a loaf of French bread it will be a delicious night here. The house smells wonderful!

pixiedoodle and MoBookworm1957 like this.
  9. MoBookworm1957

MoBookworm1957 Well-Known Member Supporter

YUM!

pixiedoodle and Lisa in WA like this.
  10. MoBookworm1957

MoBookworm1957 Well-Known Member Supporter

Cooked up 15 bean chili got about 6 quarts.
    So about a third of it will be canned up in pints as chili.
    A third will be canned up in pints as baked beans.
    And the last third will be made up into refried beans.
    Got small package of hamburger thawed.
    Will make into goulash and or hamburger soup.
    Hamburger soup is made up with diced potatoes,tomatoes,onions,carrots,peas,green beans and whatever leftovers is in refr. Fresh homemade bread, I think Honey Wheat is what I will make tomorrow.

11. warrpath4x4

warrpath4x4 Well-Known Member

Grilled pork steaks, rice, and green beans.

12. krackin

I was out getting a ton of hog feed and decided to get a bag of frozen spinach cheese ravioli. I'll have red sauce with it, was thinking alfredo but I need to use up what is already there. It will be good in any case.

13. CountryMom22

I wish my hubby would eat cheese. That spinach cheese ravioli sounds heavenly!

Dinner tonight is BBQ chicken and/or Garlic onion chicken with a green salad. Cookies for dessert.

MoBookworm1957 and pixiedoodle like this.
  14. krackin

Well, it is store bought so I hope it will be good. You could get some and use it as a side for yourself. All it needs is a heating up in very hot or low boiling water for a few minutes. Really easy. I just seldom think of it and haven't made home made for many a year.

15. Yvonne's hubby

Yvonne's hubby Murphy was an optimist ;) Staff Member

Crockpot full of pinto beans and hamhock, pan of cornbread in the oven, nice mess o greens steaming now, thinking about some instant pudding for desert.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 5:44 PM
  16. newfieannie

home made bread and baked beans for supper tonight. I ate too much of it and I don't do enough work winter time to wear it off. but there's always the stairs.

started making a choc. chip and banana loaf (one of 20 I have to make for my son and his friends for the squirrel hunt. got halfway through and couldn't find choc. chips( a prime example of why all the ingredients should be on the counter before I start. mom always told me that.) added some pineapple, pecans, cherries etc. a bit of rum. turned out to be one of my better ones. ~Georgia

001.JPG 003.JPG 002.JPG

17. MO_cows

MO_cows I calls em like I sees em

Last night, steak stir fry. Tonight, had to run to Sam's and planned on a rotisserie chicken but they were sold out. Got some heat and eat organic chicken noodle soup instead. DH has been down with some kind of crud and I can feel my body trying to fight it off, so the 'Hebrew penicillin' was just right.

18. CountryMom22

Oldest son's girlfriend is joining us for dinner and there aren't too many things that she'll eat, but she loves my meatloaf, so...

tonight's dinner is meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn. Corn is the only veggie that she eats, too.

pixiedoodle and krackin like this.
  19. newfieannie

experimenting with another recipe tonight. carrot cake sandwiches. had the recipe for ages. found it online I think. I didn't account for the spread so had to cut them in half. also I would cook the carrots next time. not enough time in the oven to cook them soft which is the way I like them. ~Georgia 001.JPG

whistech, pixiedoodle and krackin like this.
  20. krackin

Man o'man, I love meatloaf and mashed spuds. That is just really hard to beat. Any veg works with that combo.

Those carrot cake sammies are most likely illegal, international law or something, yup. Send them to me and I'll take care of the situation. Free of charge.

pixiedoodle likes this.