Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been making angel food cakes with strawberries, to use up the eggs and produce. Now I know why my farming ancestors were not skinny! And I am trying to figure out a low-calorie version because.... yeh. I would like to lose a few pounds. There are almost no calories in egg whites and few in strawberries: I need to fiddle with the other ingredients.

Of course the Egg yolks are cooked and fed back to the hens.

Also it is HAILING outside, which is most welcome because this month has been REMARKABLY dry: this is SUPPOSED to the wettest time of the year but I have been watering to keep my garden alive!

Thank you to whoever sent the rain my way!

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
I made a yummy omelet for breakfast, mushrooms ,spinach and cheese.

Very glad to share the rain Terri, there has only been 2 days this month when it didn't rain. Ugh.

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
scrambled eggs for breakfast with fried mushrooms and onions. Chicken salad on lettuce for lunch and veggie soup made from pureed leftover vegetables from last night mixed with broth, plus leftover roast pork. I'm going to have plain yogurt with some diced mango and strawberries stirred in for a snack later on.

·
Super Moderator
16,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Grandson here so as usual blueberry pancakes with extra yokes to make them thick. Our maple from spring and goat butter.
That gave me an idea. I sweetened some strawberries with NutraSweet and put them on top of a pancake. WOW that was good! Every spring when the garden starts producing I am stunned by how good everything tastes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts