Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Unpaid, Volunteer Devil's Advocate
18,365 Posts
My son, the engineer always depends on formulas and is generally right on, unless there is a decimal point that gets dropped in the wrong place. He depends on the formula being right.
I often look at such questions from what I know. A 40 acre piece is a quarter mile long, quarter mile wide. That's 1320 feet each way. So, I take 435600 and divide it by 1320. That is 330, which is a quarter of 1320. A quarter of 40 is 10.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nothing. Feet do not covert to acres, square feet do.

I've actually never seen feet on a covert mission, so I'm not quite sure if they disguise themselves as acres or hectares. Now, if undercover, you're telling me that square feet disguise themselves as acres, then I reckon it'd take quite a few of one to give a believable representation of the other.

(Remember that when you point a finger, 3 more point back at you)

·
Premium Member
41,089 Posts
I've actually never seen feet on a covert mission, so I'm not quite sure if they disguise themselves as acres or hectares. Now, if undercover, you're telling me that square feet disguise themselves as acres, then I reckon it'd take quite a few of one to give a believable representation of the other.

(Remember that when you point a finger, 3 more point back at you)
If I remember correctly Obama said there would be no boots on the ground in this latest escapade.... but we are sending troops... so I reckon there will be some covert feet on the ground after all... just barefooted ones.

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
My son, the engineer always depends on formulas and is generally right on, unless there is a decimal point that gets dropped in the wrong place. He depends on the formula being right.
I often look at such questions from what I know. A 40 acre piece is a quarter mile long, quarter mile wide. That's 1320 feet each way. So, I take 435600 and divide it by 1320. That is 330, which is a quarter of 1320. A quarter of 40 is 10.
Leave it to an "in-yur-ear" to go all the way around the block to to reach the house next door. :)

·
1/2 bubble off plumb
8,811 Posts
My FIL was like that...he calculated in different ways that anyone I knew, but he always got it right.
Yep, I'm another number manipulator. Wasn't till I started homeschooling my kids that I learned most people don't see/manipulator numbers like I do. Looks like haypoint and hippygirl's FIL see number like I do :)
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts