Whatever happened to Jagger?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by limhyl, Sep 11, 2004.

1. limhyl

limhyl Well-Known Member

I found his posts amusing if not a little over the top. Does anyone know if he finally got 'back to the land'?

2. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

A good thought, that.

Unfortunately, I think Jagger got scared off. A shame, really. I enjoyes his posts, too.

3. Torch

Torch Well-Known Member

In the piney woods of the great state of Texas.
    Jagger's posts were not satire and they were not short stories, they were him expressing his feelings. IMO, Jagger's posts were not funny or entertaining, they were sad. He is/was a seriously unhappy person with some real problems and I, for one, never got any joy from his posts. I feel sorry for him and hope that he has accepted his current station in life and the crosses that God has given him to bear.

I hope that he learns to seek God and to embrace the sacrament of the moment. For at any moment, where ever he is and whatever he is doing Christ is present. Only then will he find comfort in today and not be so focused on what somebody did to him yesterday or on what he would like to be doing tomorrow.

Just my $.02. YMMV.

Michael

4. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I for one, saw a person facing serious problems with style and courage. I respect him.

5. nostalgia

nostalgia Well-Known Member

I think Jagger was a young man with alot of hopes and dreams. I felt like he desperately was seeking to find a place of his own. I think he had unrealistic expectations under the circumstances with a small child and another baby on the way and a low wage job. It takes years of planning, saving, and learning to really make homesteading successful. He definitely seemed like he had the drive and desire, but it takes more than that to buy a place of your own.

I miss him too. I hope he didn't give up on his dreams. And I hope that one day he will see all of his dreams come true. :)

6. Don Armstrong

Don Armstrong In Remembrance

Agreed. His dreams and wishes were not necessarily short-term realistic, but the real world shatters a lot of dreams into gravel. That's not necessarily bad in the long term - gravel can make a good foundation for building things that last a long time, but you've got to get through the building process, you've got to finance it while you're doing so, and you've got to maintain a minimum level of morale while you're doing so. It CAN be done, but it's darned hard when your dreams are being shattered, and you feel you're being crushed by the responsibilities of the cruel real world.

I hope he can recognise that it will take years rather than months, and that they can just hunker down and beaver away until in, say, eight years they can make the move; and in the meantime they can do urban homesteading and vegetable gardening (even balcony gardening if necessary) to keep the dream (and the finances) alive.

7. limhyl

limhyl Well-Known Member

All of that is true but has anyone heard from him lately? Theresa.

8. nostalgia

nostalgia Well-Known Member

No, I haven't, but I hope one day he will come back. :)