What Would You Do if Homesteading Today Was No More?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Fla Gal, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Fla Gal

Fla Gal Bunny Poo Monger Supporter

All the archives, the people you've gotten to know as friends and cyber friends, all the good advice we get here. Imagine if it was all gone...

If I lost Homesteading Today I'd be in deep mental pain. I feel as though I've gained so many new friends, and I'm not ready to move out of the neighborhood. :happy:

If these forums disappeard I'd be lost. I can't ask these city people about problems with the critters we have because they have cats and dogs, we have chickens, ducks and rabbits.

What do you think would be your reaction to not having your regular visits to Homesteading Today?

2. ChuckinVA

ChuckinVA Well-Known Member

wow Fla Gal. I hate to think about that. I so enjoy reading everyones posts and the knowledge base here is unsurpassed. This community is the way things SHOULD be in life not just cyber life. We as a group don't always agree on everything but that is part of the diversity of the world in which we live.

So, I'm not giving it up ! :happy: :happy:

3. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Well-Known Member

As much as I enjoy this place, I have the e-mail addys of most of my friends so from a communication standpoint I would be ok.

I'm on a couple other homesteading forums so again, it would be greatly missed but it's not my only place to visit & discuss these things.

I don't see this place ever leaving the net-unless the net itself disappears. As Martha would say "That's a Good Thing". :D

4. caberjim

caberjim Stableboy III

I imagine that a lot of people would get a lot more work done.

Other resources such as the library, magazines, local people and more interest specific websites (such as dairy goat boards) would still be there.

5. margo

margo Well-Known Member

Cry like a baby.......I mean it...There are so few people I know who are even remotely interested in frugal living or homesteading or doing something to rein in the cost of living......no, don't even say it !!!!!! Margo :(

elliemaeg likes this.
  6. Little Quacker in OR

Little Quacker in OR Well-Known Member

:sing: I'd get more quilting done! LOL

LQ

7. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

I'd probably lose some weight because my butt wouldn't be plopped down in the chair all the time!

8. tnborn

tnborn Well-Known Member

Go to barkerhill more often, get more work done. Also, I would miss my cyber friends whom are a wealth of knowledge.
    tnborn

9. momanto

momanto SW FLORIDA HAPPYLAND

The First Bulletin Board I Had Ever Joined Was Southern Living Magazine. That Was Around Jan 04. It Went Down For Sev. Months This Year And I Reallllllllly Missed It. But Someone On There Had Already Mentioned This One And I Had Joined Prior To Sl Going Down. Now Sl Is Back. So Tame, So Monitored, So Silly New Rules. Not Interesting Anymore. This Bb Is So Alive And So Many Subjects I Need To Be Informed On As Life Is More Than A Kitchen.

10. Paranoid

Paranoid Homebrewed Happiness

life would go on as normal, with the exception that i'd have a LOT more spare time.

11. Ana Bluebird

Ana Bluebird Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes, this is my fav place right now, but I've been on other forums before that changed over time to the point that I gave them up as boring and not worth the time. Another I gave up on because the people were too rude. Another because it was dominated by a "know-it-all" that got to be too annoying. I hope this forum stays just like it is, but who stays the same over time???

12. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

since i am only on when i am monitering the phone ,eating breakfast,lunch, dinner and midnite snack ,would not get that much more done . would miss lots of people here and would try and refind people (have met a few locals here) . many times have had insight into different aproches that people have and hope that my insight has helped others .

elliemaeg likes this.
  13. amwitched

amwitched Well-Known Member

I would have to start looking for things to do at work, as I would be bored to tears without this wonderful forum to read and learn from.

14. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

Although I've been here practically since day-one, I have to say that life would go on. Oh, I'd miss knowing what so many are doing with their lives. You see, there have been a great many losses in my life and I've survived. So, I think that I would survive losing this too.

15. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

I would be very, very upset. I'm used to coming here and saying "OK, now what do I do?". But in all truth, I would get more work done here. I took a few months offline last summer and it was really amazing how much faster I finished projects.

16. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

Homesteadingtoday has a bunch of great forums, partially because they are so active.

I discovered my first homesteading forum in January of 1998 if I remember correctly. It shortly went by the wayside and another took its place.

Over the years several good ones came along only to disappear later.
    Forums will apppear and disappear but life does indeed go on.

17. Oilpatch197

Oilpatch197 Well-Known Member

I would be forced to hang out at Survial forums, and get preached on what I post, because, "the anti-gunners are watching" :D

18. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

It certainly makes being a SAHM a little more interesting ! I'm not knocking it but its nice to have adult topics to discuss!

I'd do more work I suppose but it would be less efficient and more trial and error....and sometimes I have to show hubby what others are doing in black and white before he'll accept a new method!

I'd have withdrawals I'm sure :viking:

19. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I might join another board I might help start one I might just give it up altogether. I'm really not sure.

20. Whitepine

Whitepine Member

Allright haven,t been here that long but don,t go there. Just now getting use ta this place. ;)