Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my little nigerian dwarf wether is really well behaved, sorry to say... he has better leashe manners than my dog. yesterday i was walking them and i had the goat and dog attached to eachother, i dropped the leash, started to run, the goat kept up, when i stopped the goat stopped my dog didn't, Caspian (goat) pulled Inu(dog) to a stop. later on i wanted to see if i could get him to walk through water, i pulled my pant legs up and got in the water, he followed close behind and pulled inu into the water. Caspian got treats when we got home.

Then today i took just Caspian on a walk, picked some dandelions for him as a treat when we got home, walking past my neighbors field the horse was following me waning treats.

·
Pook's Hollow
4,570 Posts
"Prince" Caspian? :)

So, your neighbours look at you funny, too? LOL Most of my goats heel way better than the dogs too, off leash!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I too enjoy my nigies better then dogs. Mine all follow me like dogs , and they are more like my velcro pets...LOL!!! when we go out for our walks. I sometimes have 10 go at a time. None of them are bottle raised.....They stay right with me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no he's not a bottle baby, infact the people we got him from had all their goat running around the property, couldn't catch any of them.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
country_dream said:
no he's not a bottle baby, infact the people we got him from had all their goat running around the property, couldn't catch any of them.
That's encouraing to hear. We bought an ND for my son that we will be picking up this weekend and the seller said she was going to bottlefeed her. She hasn't and the thing is as wild as all get out. She's only ten weeks old, though, so we're hoping that she'll tame down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts