Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Sunny Daze Farm
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get everyones paperwork ready...and I can't quite figure out this guys color. He has the brown facial stripes and the brown on the bottom and inside of his legs, but not the typical buckskin....plus all the white and spots and stuff....hhmmm.....

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Where in FL are you and what is he? I wouldnt mind calling him mine, not that I need any more pet goats

·
Registered
499 Posts
HE IS SOOOOO CUTE! What is he supposed to be? I would think you would have a new color, I have never seen one quite like him.

·
Sunny Daze Farm
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, he is a nigerian dwarf and this one is already spoken for! I am definitely going to repeat the breeding though next year and hope for a doe colored just like him! If he was a she, he would definitely be making the move to MD with me! I was thinking spotted buckskin or something but don't buckskins have to have the brown on the back half? That is the problem with the flashy ones...they never quite fit into any category!

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
He's adorable. If you want to breed spotted goats, you should keep him and use him. Do ND's have to have special descriptions like Alpines do? If I had a Nubian marked like him, I'd put black and white with spots and brown trim.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
OOoohhhh how adorable!!! Just write down color "beautiful." You aren't too far that I can't drive down and pick him up...TONIGHT I could be there sooner than Cannon 'cuz I live closer! And I don't care what lie you tell the speaker of the spoken for. CUTE!!

Paul

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
Just seen your site, why you gotta tempt me so close to Christmas? why cant you move in the middle of Jan so I could start a good nd herd with tax money..lol...

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I had one like him and I was told that she was a tri-colored pinto. That was her "official color and pattern". If the spotting is fairly symmetrical it is known as a pinto and he is obviously 3 colors. You can add that he has "Dalmatian spots" on his sides as a more specific way to identify him. He is just soooo adorable. Is he one of the ones that Katherine wants? I cant email her lately because I don't seem to be able to access my email from this computer, so I haven't talked to her lately.

·
Sunny Daze Farm
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HHmmm, ok, i think I will go with tri color pinto with dalmation spots ...although I think several of those suggestions would work!

No, this isn't one Katharine is getting. The two doelings she is getting have the same daddy as him. This guy was actually one of the last of my kids to be spoken for. I couldn't believe it! The more time that went by the more I thought about keeping him. LOL good thing someone decided to get him or I would be bringing 3 bucks on the move! (2 more than i really need!)

·
Katie
19,970 Posts
He is the cutest little guy I've seen in along time, LOVE the markings. I'd call him a broken tri-color. All my babies had blue eyes this past spring but my buck has blue eyes so that helps. Too bad he can't move with you, he'll make some pretty babies.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts