What Would Yall Do???

Discussion in 'Goats' started by ajharris, Jul 12, 2006.

1. ajharris

ajharris Amanda

Belle, 16 wk old Great Pyr is in a pen next to the goat pen and she has been around the goats since she was 12 weeks old. She has been doing great with them but they dont tollerate her to well. But here lately she has been getting mouthy and testy with them. I just recently took on 4 more goats. I was thinking that if I let her in there with them they might hurt her. I have tried the leash and just letting her go in there with me. She is with them 24-7. What would yall do? Let her in there with them and let them tell her whos boss or what. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Amanda

2. ajharris

ajharris Amanda

3. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

My Pyr gets along great with my goats. I bought her as a young adult from another goat farm. She was used to goats, but my goats weren't used to dogs. After the initial introduction period, they now get along great.

You might start taking the puppy in with you whenever you're in there and seeing what happens for a while.

Ruth

4. ajharris

ajharris Amanda

I put belle out with the goats this afternoon and she is doing great. My new goats were raised around a lgd and they are fine with her. My saanen and nubian are a diffrent story. But the ones raised around a lgd would get after the other 2 goats and protect her. I am glad there was a happy ending. when I came in she was laying down with my 4wk old boer cross. I guess she was wanting to be out with them that she became vocal.

amanda

5. Spinner

Spinner Well-Known Member

Glad they are getting along now. A 16 week pup may try to play with the goats. It won't take long for them to all work out a good relationship with each other.

6. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

See that. As always, they're fine. We're the ones with the anxiety problem. :)

Ruth

7. ajharris

ajharris Amanda

Ruth I agree totally. Now if only my 2 does who have been showing signs of kidding for the past 2 months would drop.