What works for me may not for you

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by katydidagain, Jun 16, 2004.

1. katydidagain

katydidagain Adventuress--Definition 2 Supporter

Does anyone else hesitate to answer a question knowing there's no way to fully describe how the heck you make something work? Case in point: strawberry post. I move plants at any time but take precautions--maybe pot them up and shade them until they recover from the relocation--pamper them. I've been gardening for many years but, instead of offering advice, I keep watching to see someone more confident post basically what I'd say. Don't need glory but I'd like to help. *sigh*

Any other "finger twitchers" out there? Type a reply and page back before hitting send?

katy

2. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

I know what you mean Katy. Most of my answers get discused with my wife. She has raised a good garden and more flowers than some green houses have for 50 years straight. Every thing we do don't work, but most often it does. What one of the big problems is not knowing the weather pattern in their area. Especially when they don't post their state and zone. We live in zone 5 in Indiana, but zone 5 in another state might have a completely different rain pattern and amount. Like the strawberry question. If you are where a hot dry summer is normal, you will have to keep them watered or they will die. The soil also makes a big difference. We have a light clay loam that retains water and fertility well. Some have pure sand that drys out very quickly, and others have heavy clay that is hard to work.
    I guess the point I'm trying to make is growing things is always a gamble. Having someone elses experience to go with may increase your odds.

3. mistletoad

mistletoad Well-Known Member Supporter

Katy I do that all the time and on all the forums! lol

4. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

5. Montana Mom

Montana Mom Well-Known Member

"finger twitcher" here! Half the posts I type never get submitted! lol

6. Gayle in KY

Gayle in KY Gadabout

I do it, too, but (sometimes) for other reasons. It seems like whatever anyone posts, on almost any topic, someone wants to fight about it. That's one reason I usually post links. I don't feel like fighting or defending every single statement I make (including my opinions).

7. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Well-Known Member

If nasty people are picking on me about something, they'er leaving someone else alone. I can take it.
    Shadowwalker