Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the cutest kids that came to my door had a home made Thomas The Train costume... very original!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
We live in the sticks no trick or treat- ers , kids all go into town 12 miles away. Sure miss living in the big city for stuff like Halloween and Christmas caroling

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
It was a toss up for me.

One costume was an adorable 4 year old dressed up as an owl. This homemade costume was nothing more than cut-out felt tacked or sewn to a leotard...but it was fun and cute.

The other was a native American girl costume. She declared that she was Pocahontas. It was fun and adorable.

Mostly, though, I saw kids bundled in winter coats. It was unusually cold here!!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
The best one I've ever seen was on a grown-up.

We used to have a fantastic grocery store, Food World. The guys and gals working there were long time employees, and everyone knew them like family.

One Halloween, they let the employees come in and work in costume. Some of them were pretty neat, and there was one girl at the service desk that, in my opinion, blew the rest of them out of the water.

She came in dressed as a garbage can.

Big metal can with straps to go over her shoulders. (She had clothes on underneath, you naughty boys!). Bottom was cut out so she could walk. She had painted her face, arms, and hands green. The lid was on her head, with a strap to hold it going under her chin.

I just about died, it was so cool! I would have given her first prize, I don't know if she won or not.

It was original and creative.

·
Registered
835 Posts
The best one I've ever seen was on a grown-up.

We used to have a fantastic grocery store, Food World. The guys and gals working there were long time employees, and everyone knew them like family.

One Halloween, they let the employees come in and work in costume. Some of them were pretty neat, and there was one girl at the service desk that, in my opinion, blew the rest of them out of the water.

She came in dressed as a garbage can.

Big metal can with straps to go over her shoulders. (She had clothes on underneath, you naughty boys!). Bottom was cut out so she could walk. She had painted her face, arms, and hands green. The lid was on her head, with a strap to hold it going under her chin.

I just about died, it was so cool! I would have given her first prize, I don't know if she won or not.

It was original and creative.
Oscar the Grouch?
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=oscar+the+grouch
(It helps to have a sense of humor at the service desk.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts