What was your favorite personnal weapon?

Discussion in 'Home Defense/Guns' started by moopups, Apr 9, 2004.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    On foot patrols it was a M 14 I traded the Arvins for a couple cases of c rats, the stock was cut off at the back of the pistol grip area, a ruck sack strap was added to go over my left shoulder across my back to come back to the rear end of the pistol grip. This allowed me to have a hands free feature that would point it about 2 feet to the left of my left foot, it snuggled up tight when in the jungle and folage was thick. One magazine up and in , another taped downward for the quick reload, each with 19 rounds, only a newby would load the full 20. My camo 'utilites', named 'fatigues' by the army, were turned up and sewen into pockets for spare magazines that fit just under my flax jacket, I carried 12 total.

My issued M 16 was left at a hideing point when we went on partol to be recovered when we returned, as was the bulky blocks of C - 4, the explosive that was most often used to remove 'unnecessary obsticals' such as pillboxes, entrenchments, tunnels, ect. A slice the size of a parafeen block was enought to do the job on anything. Two canteens were on my 'utility belt', as was a med kit with morphine units, fire starting equipment, compass, bandages, signal mirror, water purification tabs, sulfer powder, and other things. At the rear there was a K bar, the knife that was your last weapon except the hand full of sand if that was the last thing you had left. A second pair of dog tags was incorporated into your boots strings, so that if your upper idenity was lost there would be something to ID the body.

Between the helmet and its liner was a place where you kept your letter to home, pixs, joints, and other flat things such as rolling papers, spare toilet paper, cash, ect. Money was MPC, Military Payment Certificates, so American cash would not enter the underground economy, looked a lot like monopoly money and was changed every few months to discourage its use off military compounds, as if there was any use off compopund other than working girls or liquor. More later, my turkey slab is calling.

2. bgak47

bgak47 Well-Known Member

I was very found of a M1897 Winchester 12ga pump shotgun & a 1911A1 Colt .45. They never failed to function, but ammo for them was sometimes a problem.

3. Obbop

Obbop New Member

Aboard a warship.

For repel boarders and landing parties I was the machinegunner, a M-60. Had to ammo carriers alongside. What a nice weapon but I feel for those who had to hump the boonies with it!!!!!!

Never fired in anger but it was thrilling to know we had an anti-submarine weapon that..... well.....

let's just say that a couple million fish would die when it detonated!!!!

4. Clifford

Clifford Love it, or leave it...

M-79 grenade launcher or the 81mm Mortar.

PACAF Heavy Weapons... "We specialized in Landscaping and Urban Redevelopment."

5. mamasaanan

mamasaanan Well-Known Member

An M-79 grenade launcher ROCKS! I was the only female in the entire freaking company with the 'nads to carry one. You just gotta love a gun that goes off with a big bang every time!

My favorite non-military weapon is an Iver Johnson 12 guage pump. The barrels barely legal, but as I get older, I am finding my eyes aren't as good as they once were so instead of having to hunt for my glasses in order to aim at an intruder all I have to do is point in their general direction.

Praise the Lord and Lady and pass the ammunition! I do so love the concept of peace through superior firepower.