What was the last thing you ate?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Steve, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

I came across this thread question on another forum, www.BookCrossing.com, and I thought it might be of interest to compare it (general population replies) to what a specific group like homesteaders eat.

So here goes:

"The last thing I ate was 4 slices of buttered raisin toast slathered with my wife's homemade apple butter. All washed down with a tall glass of cold milk."

2. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

The last thing I ate was a bowl of homemade leek-kale soup with a slice of homemade buttermilk bread (complete with homemade red raspberry jam).

3. Melissa

Melissa member

An apple and a glass of ice water, that is what I always eat first thing in the morning.

4. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

A piece of peanut brittle last night watching "Trading Spouses". I haven't had breakfast yet. :)

5. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

Well, I don't often eat while at the computer. Today is an exception and I take liberties doing this. Strong Coffee made from grinding beans. I add a light dose of 10% cream to the coffee. A bowl of Life cereal mixed with skim milk (store bought)with sprinkle of sugar mixed in. I also had a blueberry muffin before this.
    Not exactly a homespun homesteading type breakfast, and the sad part is that all the ingredients weren't from homegrown or locally produced. :eek: I have to do some changes, obviously.

6. Lancelotacres

Lancelotacres Well-Known Member

I last ate a bowl of oatmeal (rolled oats with brown sugar and maple syrup for flavoring) and a slice of homemade whole wheat toast (a small amount of store bought butter on top), and a glass of water.

Great thread!

7. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

Raisin bran and superfood in pineapple juice (only way I can take the stuff, actually tastes pretty good in it).

8. countrygrrrl

countrygrrrl PITA

Fresh pecans and local sorghum with a big cup of coffee.

9. HermitJohn

HermitJohn Well-Known Member

Thick kind of rolled oats with little brown sugar and cinnamon. Washed down with cup of grind your own type coffee.

10. cloverfarm

cloverfarm Well-Known Member

Two or three cups (I forget) of coffee with Half & Half adn Splenda, and some pecans

11. mistletoad

mistletoad Well-Known Member Supporter

Toasted wholewheat bread topped with crazy richard's peanut butter and a banana. To drink a cup of intant coffee, skimmed milk, no sugar.

12. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

.................My favorite bfast food , is Hotcakes , cooked on a 50 year old , electric hotplate(faberware) that me Mum use to cook ...hotcakes on . Unfortunately :waa: , I forgot to pickup a bottle of maple syrup at Wal-Mt. and had about one third the Quantity that my palate requires for complete satiation :p . Thank goodness , I had sufficient quantites of both Milk , Coffee , etc. to takeup the slack :eek: , fordy.. :)

13. Sarah J

Sarah J Well-Known Member

Breakfast? Mine's liquid breakfast...coffee with about a ton of sugar in it :rolleyes: ...I can't stand coffee with honey, but I love our bees honey in *tea*...just not first thing in the morning! :haha:

Last night I had frozen pizza for supper. However, this is not the norm...go figure that the day this question pops up is the day after I decided to splurge! :no:

-Sarah

14. Cara

Cara Well-Known Member

We had vegetarian last night....small white beans with vegies cooked all afternoon, and cabbage fried rice. Applecake for dessert (which left alot to be desired...anyone have a better recipe?)

15. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

Spanish coffee and evaporated milk right out of the can (Wanda makes it at work every day and all the folks from PR line up, so I thought I'd best get in line or I would miss out on something special). Now I probably won't be able to sleep for 3 days!

16. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

2 eggs, 2 pieces of toast and one sausage (hot pork) pattie.

And a bajillion cups of coffee.

17. caberjim

caberjim Stableboy III

2 eggs, 4 slices bacon, 2 diet pepsi's

18. Ozarkquilter46

Ozarkquilter46 Well-Known Member

OK darn you all, I have been caught!! I had 3 large cups of coffee with cream and 4 pumkin choc chip cookies I made them yesterday and they wouldn't quit calling my name this morning!! LOL and yep I am a big old gal :( I just ordered a gazell rider (Toni Little) I hurt my ancle (torn tenden) last year and if I try to walk the 5 miles a day I use to it reallys starts the pain all over again. I am thinking that air walker might help not put pressure on the joint. We will see. I will give up the cookies but I will never give up my coffee.

19. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

A bowl of "Honey Bunches of Oats" with some raisins and skim milk. Just finished my third cup of coffee.

20. Tracy Rimmer

Tracy Rimmer CF, Classroom & Books Mod Supporter

Homemade chili pepper bread with homemade cream cheese and peach jam spread on, and a cup of herbal tea. I've quit coffee... my kids hate me :haha: :haha:

Tracy