What Size, And Which Type Of Container Of Honey Is Your Best Saler?

Discussion in 'Beekeeping' started by Hee Haw, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Hee Haw

Hee Haw Well-Known Member

For those of you that sale honey at fruit stands,health food stores, road side markets, the county fair,ect.are just to the public. Which size container sales best? Quarts, or pints jars,are the pint,quart plastic sqeeze bears? What do you nomaly price them for? I dont have that much to sale right now,but was wondering,how many of what size containers, and wheather plastic are glass would be best. Thanks

2. dcross

dcross Well-Known Member Supporter

Pint canning jars for $5, but the only other option I offer is quarts for $9. I think a smaller quantity would move best.

3. alleyyooper

alleyyooper keeper of the bees Staff Member Supporter

3 pound (quart size) round glass for $9.00 last year was a real good seller. But the best seller was the combo honey in the 1.5 pound glass jars at $6.00.
    Combo honey is a sliver of cut comb about an inch to inch and half that fits just inside a pint jar from the bottom to the top then filled with extracted honey.
    A few of the heavy honey users still buy the 2 gallon pail of extracted honey for $50.00. This years price will bee $74.00 due to fuel cost.

:D Al

4. Mike in Ohio

Mike in Ohio Well-Known Member

It varies by time of year as well as location.

We do 12 oz bears which are generally a good seller. We use 1 and 2 lb polycarbonate queenlines for orders we are shipping. We also do well with 16 oz deli tubs.

For the holiday season we have blown glass hearts (Small and large) with cork corks.

Certain packages do well in one location and others do well in other locations.

Mike