I've been thinking about something for a while, and can't make up my mind. Let me set the stage... Daisy kidded in August, and she had mastitis in October. I gave her 20 days of Penicillin, and it got better. I wanted to get some ToMorrow in her too, and when I tried it wouldn't go in because of a lump at the base of the teat. I have decided that it is scar tissue that fused togeather. The vet said before the lump was there that I should put 7% iodine into the teat, which I never did b/c that sounds excessively painful. They also said that she probably won't produce milk in that side anymore. So heres the problems : She is going to be bred. She kidded with twins this year, so I expect at least twins next year. If one side is defective, should I bottle feed one, and let the other be dam raised? Or can they both be dam raised? Should I try to graft a kid to my other doe, Boston? If the one side of the udder does produce milk but since none can come out, how would I prevent them from trying to suck on the defective side? Is there any way to re open the teat at all? And finally, should I get a cheapo dairy goat to bottle feed them on?