what should i do with extra vaccine?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Caprice Acres, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

i want to vaccinate against sore mouth but i can only find it in bottles of 100 doses. having only 5 goats, and paying 22.00 per bottle. is there smaller dose bottles out there? also, someone on this forum said that case bac is bad for goats. how often does the goat react to this vaccine? are certain breeds more suseptible?

2. All country

All country Well-Known Member

Personally we have never treated our goats for sore mouth. That would probably change if we ever saw a case of it.

I always call our vet. We have always been able to run into his office and purchase just the amounts of medicines we need. It saves us money, he makes a little, and none goes to waste. Sometimes they even fix it up in the syringes for us. I'm sure I'm giving them the right dose and right medicines. Couldn't be much easier.

3. okiemom

okiemom Well-Known Member

Sore mouth vaccine for cattle will not work on goats. Giving it would be a waste of money. i don't understand why but that is what the vaccine makers say.

Anyone have the Why's???

4. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

it says for goats and sheep. it says nothing about cattle so i assume it works.