Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us who live far away from medical help.

Just got to thinking about the thread regarding needing a tetanus shot. Someone mentioned a few medicines that they have on hand. They mentioned Betadine and Mecuraclear. We have anit-bacterial ointments, alcohol, adhesive tapes, gauze in rolls, bandaids, and the like, but what SHOULD be in your medicine cabinet if you live an hour away from help? Can we get a good list going?

I have always thought of having needle and thread for stitching up skin and I remember someone listing a site that sells that kind of stuff. I try and keep some pain killers if I have any extra. For instance, my neighbor cut off his finger on his saw and had to go all the way to town. Takes an hour when you are NOT injured.

Idea, comments, suggestions welcome. Let's try and keep this information oriented, like a shopping list. *(Do I need a disclaimer about not being a doctor and don't sue me if you take my advice?)

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
Alcohol
Duct tape :)
Hydrocortisone 1% if legal where you live if not lowest does steroid available over the counter (be careful using old prescriptions steroids- might be WAY too strong)
Antifungal cream of some type like miconazole or nystatin again whatever's avail over the counter
Tweezers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.