What Plants ,Flowers,Are Trees Are The Bees Working In Your Area Presently?

Discussion in 'Beekeeping' started by Hee Haw, May 10, 2006.

1. Hee Haw

Hee Haw Well-Known Member

About a month ago here in N. Ga. the Bradford Pear trees in my front yard were full in bloom and you could stand up under them and get the greatest all natural Buzz from the Buzz professionals,the honey bees.
    Now they are working the clover,and I have put off mowing my grass,so they can enjoy. Have you took a walk latley and noticed nature at work at its best?
    What are the bees working in your area at the present?

2. Mutti

Mutti Well-Known Member Supporter

clover, multiflora rose and blackberries.....working hard. Had one big swarm but DH got it from 20' up a tree....almost killed himself falling off the ladder ...lucky he didn't fall on some of our big MO rocks!!! Got the comb honey supers on so,of course,we are now stuck in a huge rain pattern. DEE

3. alleyyooper

alleyyooper keeper of the bees Staff Member Supporter

The pear trees still have a few blooms but not enough to draw the girls. Apples trees wild and tame, crab apples tame and wild plus the thorn apples. Of course the Danodlions. That god awful ground ivy AKA creeping charlie, the girls seem to like it best right now. The Autum AKA Russin Olive are so very close to full bloom. Honey Suckle are close too as well as the lilacs which are not full open yet.
    The wood are ful of wild Geraniumns the bees are working.

:D Al

4. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Guest

If I see twelve European honeybees around my place in a year I've seen a lot.

Fortunately the native Southeastern blueberry bees and bumblebees take care of my pollination needs.

The big blossom flushes of the year are over here now, but I've still got some citrus blooming that are being worked, the native Common Green Eye, some dandelion, some blacberry, a bit of cactus. That's all I can think of at the moment.

.....Alan.

5. Tabitha

Tabitha greenheart

collard greens are blooming in my garden right now and I can hear the bees humming:) , (I left them to bloom for the bee), and buckwheat is starting to bloom, locust is about done, multifloras are starting up, so are blackberries.

6. btai

btai Well-Known Member

blackberries, blackberries and more blackberries

mine seem to ignore tulip poplar...go figure :)