Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They get names then earn something more appropo .

I have a Mys Maggie who got a Res Gr in a meat class, her name is now Meat Princess.
1st place Miss Demeanor is Booty Queen. Niether one answers to original name.

Brikhaus & Lil Skugirl who doenst always eat all her grain is Looseskru.
They are the Ding a Ling Sisters.

There is also a 2yr old x bottle baby out there who is now Baby Beluga.
Collectively they are "The Whales" and into pregnancy The TuboLards.
Grace the Nubian morphs into The Blimp at about 4mos along then turns into The Rail after kidding.
Nanette does not know the added meaning of No No infront of her name anymore. If I dont fasten the gate she will pull it open. At least she taught me to be diligent about that.

I stopped calling "Soooey!" cause everyone would inadvertantly run me over at grain time.

·
Animal Addict
12,209 Posts
I have my poor little Sandy, no nickname for her. But her brother, an adorable little kid (angora cross) is snow white, and his name is ******. I call him the White Nightmare. He is a royal PITA when I am trying to care for Sandy, he constantly bombards the stall door when I am in with her, he screams ceaselessly for 15 minutes after I leave him.

·
Registered
499 Posts
LOL! what a riot on those names; right now my girls do not have any nicknames. Give it some time and I am sure i'll have a few.

·
The Awesome PT & Friends
2,178 Posts
My wether is called Legolas, my son calls him Leggo-my-a** !?

·
Pook's Hollow
4,568 Posts
My buck's nickname is Stinky.
Everybody's buck's nickname is Stinky! :sing:

My two new Boer does are Lakita and Rhiannon, but they are known as "The Two Fat Ladies". Angel, my NubianX, is the "Drama Queen" or "Angel, you b***ch!" as she charges out the gate. Gabriel, her overgrown wether son, is the "Moose".

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Our herd queen, Gyra, is known as The Evil One or The Devil Incarnate and her kids are Spawn of Satan 1 and 2.

Our one buck is Stinky Boy.

Our two buck kids are The Bruthas.

Our wether, Watu, is The Tub.

And our one little boer doe is Ivy le Poo Poo.

The rest are simply known as GAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! or Rotten Goats.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"The Two Fat Ladies" LOL The Tub is great too!
Keep em comin!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just got my two little does a few months ago and they were already named.

Nettie is 7 months old and she is the nice one. She gets called Honey, Sweetie, Sugar and such names.

Junebug is 5 months old and a ROYAL PITA!! :) When I bend over to get hay out, she reaches through the fence and tries to bite my butt. When I'm trying to trim Nettie's hooves, she's jumping all over us. She has figured out how to open the gate and now gives me the old evil-eye cuz I fixed it so she can't. She gets called Stinker-Bug, Sh**head, and similar names.

·
Lasergrl
1,656 Posts
Dixie changes to dixie doodle, then hixer hoo, now its hoodley hoo, or hootie. She answers to anything and is screaming at the backdoor to be let in for her nightly "learning" session (she is a trick goat afterall lol)

·
Registered
805 Posts
My daughter's LM, whim we saved from tetanus, is called Mandolin 'Butt-sniffer', 'cause you know, she sniffs butts- everybodies butts. and she is a tool user besides.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Lets see...Mr. Retardo our buck,Fog(fat old goat),Dog(dumb old goat),Sog(silly old goat)used as needed for all of the Boers and then there is Idjit the Ober and Zip and Zap the ober/boer twins .Zap can't stay out of the electric fence and when she touches it the other one Zips away.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Our newest Boer goat was an adult this summer when we bought her. If she had a name I did not get it from the Amish man we bought her from but she had an ear tag #44. We had the seats out of our mini van and she seemed OK on the way home. We got to the barn and opened the 6 foot barn door to get her into the pen with the other goats. All the goats started their usual talk when I get to the barn. Im not sure what they say exactly but I think it's feed me or something of the sort. The van is parked just six feet from the barn door so I knew with the other goats she would go right in with them. I opened the door and out she came but much to my disapointment not to the barn but she headed for the woods. Like the dummy I am I went after her and she ran deeper into the woods. I finnally lost sight of her then darkness set in and I was exhausted and gave up.
Next morning having to go to work I went to the barn first to see if by chance she came back. Well this was not her home so why would she. She was not there. I had to go to work. I rode around the block hoping to see her but nothing. After work the search began again with no results, so I went to all the neighbors explaining what happened asking them to let me know if they seen her.
The next day at work I get a call from the 911 center. The local police officer has my goat a half mile from my home. I asked to leave work and went to get her. When I got there the officer did not have her but only seen her and chased her further into the woods. I was at my wits end. What will I do?
I went home and tied one goat outside of the barn. Wanting to be with his goat family her balled and balled. I went back to work hoping the lost goat would here his cries and come home. When I came home up to the barn I went. The goat I tied out was gone. I was ready to give up. I went in the barn to do my chores and there was the goat I tied out and the new goat.
I put them in the pen with the others and have been fine since. Her nickname is Magnum as she shot off like a 44 mag.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
My wether is "Sparky", but I tease him and call him "Sparkley" because he's such a wuss....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts