Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
From what i can see in the pictures it appears to be Walnut. Yes i know what your thinking, there are no walnut trees in AZ, but honestly there are! They have a cold requirement to produce nuts and thrive and that could only be satisfied at altitude. So from what i can see i think you may have some Walnut wood, that stuff burns very nicely as well, goodluck!!!

I have worked extensively with Walnut in custom cabinetry and the yellow outer layer is a give away, the tight grain, the close annular rings, and reddish brown hue all say Walnut to me. Of course the pictures are not especially good so the coloring may be off and you may have something entirely different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gosh, I sure did not expect Walnut. Thanks for the replies. I will enjoy the warmth on our next camping trip.

The mountains have many ecological environments and many different plants take and animals take advantage of those areas.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,575 Posts
The end doesn't look like walnut to me. Some type of cherry? However, I'm really only very familiar with the east coast trees, so I don't want to offer much of an opinion. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts