Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been fishing in our pond and keep seeing this snake.Finally had the camera and got a pic of it.(This was accomplished after falling on the slippery bank,and having the snake chase my cork).Been looking online, and in our several books , but am still not sure what it is.Is it the same as the one Charlie took a pic of earlier(last picture)??????

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I don't think that the snake in the water is the same one as the one by the cage. Look at the patterns on the back, up by its head. Both are beautiful and I just loved the pix! Thanks for sharing them. I don't know what kind either is, I just appreceated the pix. So did John. He suggested that they might be a mated pair and that one is a male and the other a female. Just a thought.
God bless you and yours
Deb

·
Registered
9,582 Posts
.................Don't think it's a Moccasin cause they're short and have a very heavy body , and they've always got they're jaws open looking for something too strike at . , fordy

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Watersnake, but what I'ed like to know is how can you fish in that water. Ain't that the stuff stronger than Kevlar when it gets on the line? LOL :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lucky the kevlar is only at the end of the pond- the place the snakes like most!!!!!!!!!!!!not the fish!

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the info, everyone. I was on a "RILEY RUN" (RILEY Hospital) with dd & dgd yesterday so I didn't get to check out all the info til now.I agree that the one was a northern water snake cause he did strike at me. He got the hook caught in his side when he attacked my cork, so I had to 'pin' his head down with a stick and hold him to remove the hook( my mom almost died when I told her this- she's terrified of snakes).He also emitted the foul odor they talk about in the book.Had to really scrub to get the smell off my hand!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts