What kind of goats are these?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Goat Freak, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

We have a herd of goats that we just don't know what they are, they are all differnt colors like a Nubian but there not as big as a Nubian, but not as short as a Pygmy. I heard of Mini goats so I'd like to know if there are Mini Nubians, and if anyone could give me a picture of one I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks, Bye.

2. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Umm...well..if we could see pictures of the goats it would be much easier to tell what they are. It is almost impossible to get a good idea of what breed of goat you have from just a description.

MotherClucker

3. Goat Freak

I'm sorry I don't know how to get pictures on here, bu t I've seen pictures of Nubians before, and these ones look just like them except shorter.

4. mary,tx

mary,tx Well-Known Member Supporter

5. bill not in oh

bill not in oh Well-Known Member

6. Goat Freak

Thankis I think that they might be Kinder goats because most of the ones in the picture looked like one of our goats. Thank you so much, Bye.

7. dancinggoatgirl

dancinggoatgirl Member

There are mini Nubians.
    I've got a first Gernation doeling.
    (www.geocities.com/muffin8990/Lilgirls.html shes' "GA Lil' Snow Pixi")

A Mini Nubi is a mixture of Nigerian Dwarf and Nubian. Giving them a more dairy look than that of a Kinder whitch is a mixture of Pygmy and Nubian.

(Well, the site I was going to list here isn't working....)

A Mini Nubian is built the same or simaler to a Nubian but is about 1/2 the size. Or if you start with a smaller Nubian about 1/4 of the size. (My Nubian doe is really small whitch is why I bought the ND buck)

Here is a site I found w/ Minis on it. They don't have any "purbred" (take 4 generations of breeding to get "purebreds") but they show a good idea of how the breed is supose to look like lacking a little bit of the Nubian ears whitch come with the 3rd and 4th Generation animals. http://cbcfarm.com/ourherd.htm (have to click on the Mini Nubian links)
    I've never delt with Pygmies but the ND and Nubians have great temperments. My 1st Generation Mini Nubi doeling has a wounderful temperment as well as shes beautifully built!
    L

8. Goat Freak

Thank you so much the picture of your Mini Nubian goat looks exactly like two of our goats except maybe longer, maybe ours have got a little more pgmy in them thank you so much, I think that they are Mini Nubians now because I don't nother goat would look that close to Tina and Twilight without being the same kind. Well once again thanks, Bye.