Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this one is a pygmy or nigerian dwarf....
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

What kind does this look like to you?
[/IMG]

Thanks for all of the info!

·
Super Moderator
12,837 Posts
The buckling looks like a nigie to me. The other one is too blurry to tell for sure, but it looks like it has long ears. Maybe a young nubian or a nigie/nubian cross?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the buckling looked like a nigie to me also. The man said he was a pygmy, but somehow, he looks more nigie to me. The little girl has the weirdest eyes! They are brown and bright blue mixed! She also has waddles. Does that help at all? Any other opinions on the types? Thanks

·
Legally blonde!
3,318 Posts
Donna you are right that buckling does look nigie but I could swear in the head I see some pygmy. If I was to venture a guess I would say nigerian dwarf with some pygmy mixed in? Maybe not 50/50 but like 75/25?

The little girl looks to be a nubian/nigerian dwarf cross or a Mini Nubian (she has longer ears that hang down correct?). What ever she is I would bet hands down she has nigerian in her. Not pure but with that blue coming through in the eyes she has to have nigerian in her blood somewhere (nigerian dwarfs are the only breed of goat I have ever seen have the blue eyes).

Justine

·
Super Moderator
12,837 Posts
Yes, now that I look back at that buckling I do see a mix. His build leans heavily toward the nigie, but his color/head looks pygmy. His coloration is called white caramel, a pygmy color pattern.

I agree, I Think you've got a miniature nubian or a kinder on your hands for the doe. Actually, Fainters can have blue eyes too, but it's not as common. Also, I've had several of my goats start out life with blue in their eyes, but it goes away with age and they now all have brown/yellow eyes.

·
Legally blonde!
3,318 Posts
Really? Fainters can have blue eyes huh...never knew that. Ya learn something new every day :) . Yeah now that you mention it Donna I couldn't figure out what else was bugging me about him until you mentioned coloring...it does look like a caramel color with maybe a hint of come more coloring on the face?

Justine

·
Super Moderator
12,837 Posts
When I look at the buckling, almost everything but the color and a little bit in the head shape says nigie... Too dairy to be full pygmy. He's a pretty cute boy, though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts