what kind of goat is this? milk, brush?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by goat mother, May 4, 2005.

1. goat mother

goat mother Active Member

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT KIND OF GOAT THIS IS? WE BOUGHT HER ALONG WITH SOME 75% BOER'S . I HAVE TRIED LOOKING FOR PHOTO'S BUT NOTHING.
    SHE IS AROUND 2 YEARS AND HAD JUST WEANED HER KIDS. THAT WAS 3 WEEKS AGO. WE DO NOT HAVE THE KID'S. THEY WERE SOLD A FEW DAY'S BEFORE WE BOUGHT HER.
    I HOPE THE PHOTO GOT ON THE PAGE. I AM NEW AT THIS.
    THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU MAY BE ABLE TO GIVE.
    FELCIA
    [COLOR=Yellow]She is a med size goat. black smooth hair to her knees, brown belly to her throat. She has boer type ears, her face is black with brown lines going up on both sides. She has 2 white sopts on her side, they are about 3x3.
    She dry. Her teats are different from that of my boers, bigger thicker. I hope i can get a photo on soon.
    thank you and sorry about the trouble.
    felica

2. goat mother

goat mother Active Member

Sorry I Can't Get Photo On To Thread!!!!!!!

3. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

Do you have the photo on a different web site you can link to?

Maybe you can try giving a verbal description.

4. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

there are several people on here who could tell you probably what kind of got she is , but your picture didn't come through. sorry. IF she still has a bag, are you milking her, She is probably drying up, by now or starting too. watch for mastitis, in that udder.

5. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

Some of my Boers will come out either paint (brown and white, like a horse) or solid. Alot of it has to do with the foundation stock since alot of the first Boers came from semen brought overseas before the goats made it over. It was also cheaper in the beginning to breed full bucks to milk does.

If I did it right, here is a link to a picture of this year's doelings. You will see a solid on the right. She is brown with black legs and ears with white spots on her side, and little white feet.

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/data/4721climbing_kids-med.jpg