what kind are they

Discussion in 'Goats' started by judysfunnyfarm, May 21, 2006.

1. judysfunnyfarm

judysfunnyfarm Member

ok you all get ready for a laugh .we are new to this forum and also to raising goats. we have 3 pygmys already and they are doing just great. but yesterday as my husband was sitting on the couch he ask me if he was dreaming he saw 5 goats in our frount yard. sure enough there they were. we don't know what breed they are we tried to find the owners all day yesterday and even called the sheriffs office and they hung up on me .they are all does 2 are small babies. i can't ssend a pic becausei am not allowed to send attachment at least thats what it says at the bottom of this page. they are med size and the babies are brown and black they look a lot like alpines but we are clueless.

2. Sherrynboo

Sherrynboo Well-Known Member Supporter

Wow! I hope you can find the owners unless you want an instant herd, haha! If you want to post a picture just go to photobucket.com, put it on there then you can put it in your post.

Sherry in GA

3. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

Whether or not you decide to keep them, I'd look them over well for abcesses and swollen knees. You do not want them around your goats if they have them. See the thead on CAE and CL. Sometimes, thoughtless people dump unwanted animals on those of us who love animals (hence, I have 7 cats). I rescued 3 Boer doelings dumped in the mountains and found them a home. Could be someone saw you had goats already so dropped theirs off in your yard. Good luck.

4. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

Sherrif hung up on you... that's kinda funny. Do you have animal control in your area? Maybe 4H leaders or Ag? They would be more help anyway.

Also, for the picture, you have to have it in cyperspace before you can post, won't post straight from camera. Is that possibly what happened?

5. judysfunnyfarm

judysfunnyfarm Member

we checked each one for signs of lumps keeping them off in another pen we had for the first ones no signs of illness yet. as for dropping them off because they knew we had other goats we live off the main road about 4 miles so no one knows we have goats nearest neighbor is about 2 miles we cant even get electric back here .and yes the local law hung up on me. we went by the local newspaper today to check and no one had called about lost goats.we think they may be alpines. we live in van buren county tn. if any of you are close please send us an e mail or private message. we would love to hear from you also not that it means a lot but if any one has any ideas on how to get power back here please let me know they want to charge us 40 thousand dollars to run power.i realy do enjoy this forum