Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CJ's thread got me to thinking.

What brand of patter do you prefer? and, why?

My favorite to sew is Simplicity because I feel the pieces are matched better than any other brand.

I like McCalls because they have more contemporary clothing but feel their patterns are never "quite right". They always require a little adjustment to go together correctly.

I hate Butterick because they are the worst for the pieces fitting and their instructions seem to be the most difficult way to complete the task.

As for the earlier discussion about what type of learner you are, generally I am not a person that needs instructions read to them (it ticks me off to have it done). I process what I read really well with out pictures. But sewing instructions are the exception to that. However the quilting books I have looked at the written words make so much more sense than the pictures. NOw, explain that!

·
Registered
16,519 Posts
I wish I could settle on one. It seems that all of them have their matching - aligning issues these days. And I'm not going through menopause.

I have one pattern I love from Akasha. But I have made it so many times....that it is becoming my only dress! I would love to use independent designers more, but their patterns are so expensive!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts