Homesteading Forum banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
30,206 Posts
I will pay mine as will most landlords. Some probably will not. I think @Alice In TX/MO is talking more about commercial property and private property. Hospitality and restaurants landlords will be hard pressed to pay theirs. Those that lease Dollar Stores and Walmart building will do just fine. People that lost their jobs or got their income cut will also feel the pain.

In fact, I just paid mine for the year on all but the one I closed on last Wednesday.
It seems to me that a lot of commercial space is teetering on the edge. Less demand for office space, and Amazon's slaughter of retail.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
At this point, anybody that has anything to do with keeping the country alive and moving and not buried in it's own filth has been exposed. Many were exposed prior to China, and their buddies in the WHO, ever knowing that this cold virus was a new cold virus. They survived without masks, without social distancing, without any concern for their health and safety, it's what they do. If this virus was as bad as people hiding from it thought it was, they would be in really bad shape now, because the people that know how to take care of them would all be dead. But no, they managed to survive, and are still trying to provide you with your needs, not because they care about you, but because it is what they believe in doing to survive. Now, they feel incredibly punished by being rewarded with punitive attacks on the things that they look forward to, the things that make it worthwhile putting up with your garbage and hassle. If you see these people not wearing a mask, they might very well be trying to kill you at this point, although they can't, because they have been vaccinated since last February or March some time.

·
Registered
30,206 Posts
It is an exercise in control, conditioning.

Claiming the end of the world because of climate change for the most part fell flat.

I do expect the exercises will become more regular, and more strenuous.

BTW- How are thing in Portland now?

·
Registered
15,407 Posts
It seems to me that a lot of commercial space is teetering on the edge. Less demand for office space, and Amazon's slaughter of retail.
And it was headed that way anyway but the pandemic really set it off good.

·
Registered
30,206 Posts
There is always money to be made in any change
Exactly, be it Baron Nathan Mayer Rothschild's "Buy when blood is on the street" or Buffett's "attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful".

Change is the driving force for the Leaders of the Climate Change Alarmists. They know they can make money tearing things down, and building them back.

Reactions: no really

·
Registered
30,206 Posts
You need a panic to facilitate panic buying

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Getting back to the original title of the thread, I saw the story on the swinger's convention "Naughty in N'Awlins" where 200 plus wife swappers got together for 3 days and 40 of them left with a covid infection. The promoter thinks that, in retrospect, maybe the event was a bad idea..... (insert face smack emoji here).

Which leads me to ask again: What is wrong with People?😱

·
Registered
30,206 Posts
Getting back to the original title of the thread, I saw the story on the swinger's convention "Naughty in N'Awlins" where 200 plus wife swappers got together for 3 days and 40 of them left with a covid infection. The promoter thinks that, in retrospect, maybe the event was a bad idea..... (insert face smack emoji here).

Which leads me to ask again: What is wrong with People?😱
I bet some got other infections too

Reactions: no really

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
Some people hate change. Some much more than others. People also like to make themselves important, draw attention to themselves or just cause drama and trouble. Some are stupid, others ignorant and others selfish and arrogant. This is nothing new and common around the world. Thankfully there are more good people than bad.

Getting people to wear masks, really stay isolated and follow all the other public health and pandemic rules and then to actually take the vaccines will be a big problem but also nothing new. Back in the Dust Bowl era farmers refused to change the way they were planting as advised by the government scientists. Rather stick to the old way and continue to watch their soil degenerate. So the government had to PAY them to change their farming practices. Probably going to have to reward people to follow the public health and pandemic rules and take the vaccines. Or just continue to watch an America die from Covid-19 every minute. So sad.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Some people hate change. Some much more than others. People also like to make themselves important, draw attention to themselves or just cause drama and trouble. Some are stupid, others ignorant and others selfish and arrogant. This is nothing new and common around the world. Thankfully there are more good people than bad.

Getting people to wear masks, really stay isolated and follow all the other public health and pandemic rules and then to actually take the vaccines will be a big problem but also nothing new. Back in the Dust Bowl era farmers refused to change the way they were planting as advised by the government scientists. Rather stick to the old way and continue to watch their soil degenerate. So the government had to PAY them to change their farming practices. Probably going to have to reward people to follow the public health and pandemic rules and take the vaccines. Or just continue to watch an America die from Covid-19 every minute. So sad.
What is stupid and ignorant is pretending that this disease is any different than the myriads of other respiratory diseases that have been the straw that broke the camels back for humans at the end of their life for millennia. I'm going to die. You are going to die. Everyone is going to die. Get over it. How many people die a day in the US? | IndexMundi Blog People die every twelve seconds. It's normal.

The sad thing is, all of the egregious assaults of freedom as well as the vaccine will be viewed as a glowing success once a vaccine is in circulation. You know, the vaccine that will most likely be forced on people that already fought this disease and won before politicians and businessmen saw a chance to make money and gain power with a natural phenomenon.The vaccine will take credit for the sucess of antibodies produced back in February through April of this past year, by essential Americans that are sick and tired of carrying everyone, and suffering the punitive attacks of their freedom, the asaults on their happiness by people that could have, and should have, just stayed inside untill they felt it was safe to come out.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Will you pay all the property taxes you owe?

Will you @TripleD ?

How many on here that own rental property will fail to pay property taxes?
I might as well reply . I let mine go two to three years. All collected in arrears don't get to go in the current budget. They have to go on existing property improvements like parks and the courthouse remodel.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
39,783 Posts
Are you talking about property taxes?

If so, why have you made that decision?

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Are you talking about property taxes?

If so, why have you made that decision?
I'm single with no kids. One months rent would pay them. It aggravates the tax collector a little but he wont mess with me about it. We are good friends and he likes me showing up for the auctions.

50 Posts
Paying property taxes alarms you?
This topic has morphed. "In a HEALTHY Society, talking about a virus in the context of Politics, would be alarming. This alarms me. "

That alarms me.

I have lived all over this planet and the US has always been a bedrock for me.

In the last month I have learned that this bedrock country of ours is jello. I am sacred. And for the first time feel I may understand what my Jewish Friends went through in the '30s.

Yes. I do hope that I am over reacting.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm single with no kids. One months rent would pay them. It aggravates the tax collector a little but he wont mess with me about it. We are good friends and he likes me showing up for the auctions.
In Vermont, the 8% penalty on overdue water/sewer/property taxes can be the delinquent collector's salary. There are financially capable people in town who repeatedly pay late and say they're making sure the delinquent collector eats and can put his kids (now in their 30's and 40's) through college. We all have a good laugh.

101 - 120 of 128 Posts