Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 40 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
And what really galls some of us who see about everyone of those leaders pushing mask mandates caught on tv out in public without masks or violating their own travel orders. A leader should lead, not try to dictate orders for those beneath him while he carries on as normal.
I thought of this post when I read a news article this morning;

You are right, many "leaders" have a "do as you are told" mentality and think they are above the mandates.

At least our gov DeWine has been wearing his mask except when he is speaking into the microphone. Then he seems to really push the social distancing thing. At least now he is doing that. He wasn't at the beginning when the CDC said masks are unnecessary.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Violence is not the answer, but many have not been listened to for so long now that they figure they have no other options? I don't agree but then everyone is not me.

Why are people rising up against the rules?
People have lost confidence in the people that were supposed to be the experts?
People have lost confidence in many of the political leaders?
People see others wearing masks, staying home, virtual schooling and numbers skyrocketing and wonder why bother?
People see large groups gathering without consistent enforcement against retail stores, churches, weddings, sports games?

Because people look around and don't see a credible, consistent set of instructions that fail to deliver the promised/anticipated responses so they figure why bother?

Seems similar to people at 1am on a deserted road that choose not to wait 2 minutes for the red light to change to green when there's not a car in sight, but during busier driving times would definitely wait.

Because people begin to make their own decisions (right or wrong) when their experts & leaders lose credibility?

and then there's always the small group that just don't follow any rules, not matter what.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I don’t know about anyone else but I don’t have faith in what our “experts” and leaders say here in Canada.

They all seem to be stumblebums, all marching around in stupid circles, yelling at the top of their lungs all the while nonsense rules the day in the guise of “medical advice”.

IMG_1606241197.733115.jpg

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Yes. Proven in California. Masks were mandated. Didn't work, so now curfew mandates being kicked around.
Tough to have discussions with those with such a narrow view of how things work. You need to think, this isn’t black or white like your politicized pundits have you believe.

But ok lets try. So say California mandated masks.
-people are still socializing out of sight, likely the #1 spreaders.
-kids are still going to school
-healthcare workers are still helping COVID patients
-masks are not 100%
-many wear masks below their nose or improperly
-anti maskers are out there
-and don’t forget the politics. Right wingers scoff at rules, looks at the states with the greatest spread right now.......

Masks are just one way to slow the spread. This is way catchier than the flu. Notice how the flue has disappeared yet COVID numbers are still going up?

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
So you are admitting masks don't work. Glad we are on the same page. Some public restrooms would indicate that there are those among us that haven't mastered the intricacies of indoor plumbing, making any attempt at disease avoidance through proper hygiene a totally personal endeavor requiring individual responsibility.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I agree leadership should be doing what you're saying. We were/are pretty lucky in Vermont to have pretty strong leadership when Covid struck and our numbers show it. Others on a local or state level weren't as fortunate. While we weren't getting many good examples on a federal level, many were smart enough to try and use common sense.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Blame the WHO, CDC and Dr. Fauci. Each have at one time or another (sometimes more than once) told us that masks doesn't prevent the transmission of Covid. In fact, this past October the CDC reported that most people who got Covid were people who wore masks.
The "experts" can't seem to make up their minds. It's not surprising that the average person can't figure out if masks help or not- since the experts keep changing their minds.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Before any of this even kicked off I was one of those prepping and telling people I would be working from home. We simply didn't have any data and the stuff in China looked... bad. Now that we have several countries taking different approaches and mortality rates.. I can't really justify the steps we're taking. Sweden seems well enough and hasn't wrecked the lives of their citizenry. It's worse than the flu but it isn't the end of the world unless we make it that.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
It’s almost as if many of the people that early on preached a different policy have changed their minds to the current policies due to political reasons. So they are now trying to justify their actions accordingly.

·
Banned
139 Posts
It has been proven that masks don't work. This is how it's been proven, people mandate masks, then they mandate shutdowns, curfews, and deem some people's livelihood non-essential while others are allowed to remain open. Meanwhile, the people signing the mandates don't do any of those things. Wearing the mask does no good, you wear the mask, stand on the X, and it's still not good enough. Some people refer to the "give them an inch and they'll take a mile" philosophy. So not wearing a mask is taking a firm stance. Communism has killed more people than corona-virus, so it stands to reason that some people figure it's a better course of action to pick the dreaded covid as the lesser of the two evils. Overzealous and unprecedented covid retrictions are not quite up to the status of overtaxed tea, but it's almost right there. Freedom is freedom, you either have it or you don't.
Isn’t that like saying since all sin and fall short of the glory of god that church does no good and everyone there is a bunch of hypocrites, when the reality is the worse you are the more you need to be there ?

·
Banned
139 Posts
Yes. Proven in California. Masks were mandated. Didn't work, so now curfew mandates being kicked around.
How do get that ?

I suspect you are ignoring what was said and done and creating your own truth.
The argument was that mask would slow the transmission of the disease. Do you have any proof that It didn’t?
When people Like you who don’t believe in masks don’t use them and get sick It doesn’t prove your point.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
How do get that ?

I suspect you are ignoring what was said and done and creating your own truth.
The argument was that mask would slow the transmission of the disease. Do you have any proof that It didn’t?
When people Like you who don’t believe in masks don’t use them and get sick It doesn’t prove your point.
Yes. The proof I have is that after masks were mandated, the mandaters still had to mandate curfews, business closures, etc. Masks do not work, as far as preventing people that mandate masks from mandating other gross infringements on liberty. If you want to wear a mask, wear a mask. If you are worried that me not wearing a mask puts you at risk, wear two of them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I understand the anger. I have found many mom and pop businesses that want my maskless business, while the bigger corporations lost my business. I can do this with politeness and not threats.

When a Governor mandates how many people can be in your house, EVERYONE should be angry. We seem to have split between two groups. The sheep and the free people. I choose to be free. It has nothing to do with masks, more to do with how much govt interference you will allow in your life. I walk the path of a free person and make polite decisions based on that.

·
Administrator
19,362 Posts
Masks are just one way to slow the spread. This is way catchier than the flu. Notice how the flue has disappeared yet COVID numbers are still going up?
Do you truly believe that we have conquered seasonal flu with hand sanitizer, masks and social distancing?

I don't because I happen to know people who have tested positive for the flu or tested negative for covid and it was assumed to be flu. I also know somebody who recently died of flu/covid symptoms and cause of death without testing was listed as covid.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Do you truly believe that we have conquered seasonal flu with hand sanitizer, masks and social distancing?

I don't because I happen to know people who have tested positive for the flu or tested negative for covid and it was assumed to be flu. I also know somebody who recently died of flu/covid symptoms and cause of death without testing was listed as covid.
Anyone I know who has been COVID tested went for a COVID test. Not a flu test. Two separate tests and healthy people generally ride the flu out at home. But that’s here, perhaps different in Alberta?

Do you honestly believe social distancing and hygiene are not helping keep flu numbers way lower than an average year? Numbers are way lower than usual.

I am sorry about the loss of your friend/acquaintance. I find it hard to believe they were not tested yet was claimed COVID. How well did you know them, well enough to see death certificate and know the tests their doc have given? Because they are testing anyone with symptoms. And you don’t just drop dead of Covid- you get super sick and it generally takes weeks of illness before you die. No test? Seems fishy. I know Alberta has really been struggling with high numbers due to relaxed regulations (as the residents seem to want) but doubt COVID patients are being mislabelled as was apparently happening in the States.

·
Premium Member
15,918 Posts
It has been proven that masks don't work. This is how it's been proven, people mandate masks, then they mandate shutdowns, curfews, and deem some people's livelihood non-essential while others are allowed to remain open. Meanwhile, the people signing the mandates don't do any of those things. Wearing the mask does no good, you wear the mask, stand on the X, and it's still not good enough. Some people refer to the "give them an inch and they'll take a mile" philosophy. So not wearing a mask is taking a firm stance. Communism has killed more people than corona-virus, so it stands to reason that some people figure it's a better course of action to pick the dreaded covid as the lesser of the two evils. Overzealous and unprecedented covid retrictions are not quite up to the status of overtaxed tea, but it's almost right there. Freedom is freedom, you either have it or you don't.
That's false. Masks do reduce the transmission of the virus.

Reactions: Litlbits
50 Posts
The same people who don't like being told to stop at red traffic lights or stop signs?
We know how those situations work out.

People were asked. They were asked to stay 6 feet apart and stay home if they are sick too. They won't do that either.

I understand not wearing a mask in an outdoor situation, I understand not wearing a mask if you are the only person in a room, I understand not wearing a mask when speaking to someone hard of hearing.

But of all the preventive measures, this is the only one people are willing to kill over. That is what I don't get.

I don't see or hear of anyone protesting or having fits about not being allowed in the nursing home to clean up after an elderly relative messes themself.

What we are being told about covid is political, not medical. Many people realize this. Many other people are stimulated by fear. Mix this with peoples ability to EARN A LIVING AND SUPPORT THEIR FAMILY'S andthis creates more drama. Many people have decided that education is not a priority for them (talk to 3rd world people and learn how they feel about education) and rely on the main stream media for information and education. The MSM will tell you, when asked, they are entertainment, not the news. Clicks are important to them, so what motivates them?

We are inhibiting our entire population to protect a few. Monetarily it would be much more efficient to quarantine the susceptible people rather than the whole population. Why is this happening? In engineering the KISS method is how things are usually done. Deep throat once said "follow the money". Hydrocloriquin, is cheep and readily available. Other treatments are expensive and very profitable. Shutting down the small businesses also shuts down a huge part of the middle class and conservative base. Clicks make the MSM profits. Is there a simple path that explains what is happening here? I think so.

You can wear your mask. stay away from me. You may not like my reaction either.

21 - 40 of 128 Posts