Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[YOUTUBE][ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_p7OIghMVw[/ame][/YOUTUBE]I've never seen a spindle this long at the fiber shows...

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,519 Posts
That's a Navajo spindle.

Reactions: hercsmama

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,519 Posts
Diskidmore just remember, there are not dumb questions :). I'm sure you aren't the only one who wondered that same thing.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a small spindle collection, my two favorites are a super cheap dowel stuck in a large bouncy ball (bottom whorl) and a nice wooden one with a stone whorl. I wanted something with the weight of the stone but a bottom whorl and picked up a ceramic supported spindle. I just couldn't get it to work for me, on the table it was too high to draft, on the ground it was too low to spin easily. This longer supported spindle looks much easier to use, you're still spinning it up on your thigh the same place I spin my drop spindle.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I've got one. I got it from the Woolery. I like it sometimes. It sure holds alot of yarn!!!!
I'm not really a bottom spindle fan. It takes me some getting used when using it.
It's alright when I get used to it. It's pointy enough it can easily be used as a weapon, so it's got the dual use going on :hysterical::hysterical:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts