Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I found this one on our outside sofa in the noon (under the full sun). Its a new community and all furnitures and buildings are new. We 4 were hanging around and then went inside the home for 10 minutes. When we came back, this was there! What is it?

This thing we saw before at the same place a few days ago. It was raining for 5 days and this sofa was covered. When we took out the cover saw same thing but 5-7 instead of just 1.

Please help.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks like mouse poop to me.
First thing I thought of, too. We had a mouse that would somehow get into our pantry from the cellar via the walls and into the drawers in the butler's pantry; it left its poop in the drawers for me to find, so now I am very familiar with mouse turds. Another thing that it could possibly be is a type of tiny bug (I forget what kind) that eats carpet fibers (usually wool based). Their casings look just like mouse poop, except that there will be markings on it, not smooth like a mouse turd. If you have a magnifier, or even your cell phone, zoom in on it to get a better look: smooth = poop; lines/markings/indentations = insect casing. If it is an insect casing, a good vacuuming will resolve that issue. Have you found anything else like that anywhere else? I would do a full inspection on your couch because if you are using it outdoors, it is possible that some field mice have made a nest somewhere in your couch. If you have a dog, bring it over to the area where you found the "poop" and see if they can sniff anything out or if they hear anything that you can't. It was my oldest Siberian Husky that tipped me off to the mouse in the pantry, she kept going into the pantry and staring at the floor and cocking her head, so I knew she was hearing something that I couldn't. That's when I did my searching and found the mouse turds in the bulter pantry drawers.

·
Premium Member
41,896 Posts
View attachment 95261

I found this one on our outside sofa in the noon (under the full sun). Its a new community and all furnitures and buildings are new. We 4 were hanging around and then went inside the home for 10 minutes. When we came back, this was there! What is it?

This thing we saw before at the same place a few days ago. It was raining for 5 days and this sofa was covered. When we took out the cover saw same thing but 5-7 instead of just 1.

Please help.
What does it taste like?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts