What is the signs of selenium toxic in goat

Discussion in 'Goats' started by goat^farmer, Dec 4, 2006.

1. goat^farmer

goat^farmer Well-Known Member

I gave a baby goat a shot of Bo-se yesterday that was 1 cc an today the baby goat is down.. What is the signs of this.. She is beleley breathing, yells like in pain so giving baking soda incase of bloat. and it got very cold last night so could it be she very cold.. It got down to 10..

HELP ME PLEASE>>>>

2. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

deleted---double post

3. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

I can't help with the BoSe part of your question but if you think the baby is too cold, stick your finger down in her mouth. If it is cold in there, she is too cold. You will need to bring her in and get her warmed up good. Goats can usually take the cold fairly well, but no drafts. However, a baby goat that is hypothermic probably won't be yelling---just huddled down cold and motionless.

How old is the baby? Is it being dam raised? How much does it weigh? Can you cut a sleeve off of something to make a little coat for it?

4. goat^farmer

Her whole mouth is cold as ice. We have brought her in the house and put her in front of a heater with a old towel wrap around here. She is 2monts old this is my friends goat. She has already beenn eatting food on own and all. It get very cold here lastnight and got down to 10.. We are trying too saave her

5. Sher

Sher Well-Known Member

I wonder if a warm enema would help? And/or a bean or rice bag heated? If its that cold...I doubt if you have alot of time. Good luck!

6. goat^farmer

Let me correctly that she is 4 months old. My friend is on here alot so you all know them., My friend was the one that type out the first post. I had logged in on her pc so it was my firned that needed the help no I but heck it to late now. The goat passed away just 5 min ago. I will not logged off and be with her.

BYE.. OSorry if you all thought it was me that needed help it was my friend but I wasd on her pc an logged in to let her type.

what a awful way to start a dangg day out.

7. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

Goat ^ Farmer,
    I am so sorry to hear about the loss.

8. Sher

Sher Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss.

9. wishomesteader

wishomesteader Well-Known Member

I feel terrible knowing that your baby passed on, please accept my sympathy.