Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one great big one just pop up while I was away from home and i did nt have my abreva with me ,so now i have a big sore on my mouth. I have nt had on in many years because at the first tingle i use deniver or abreva and i never get one. I will not leave the house like this. How can I dry it up fast. The blisters have already popped. Thank you to al of you. Nancy

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Use witchhazel on it. You can get it from the pharmacy and is usually near the rubbing alcohol. Works great to dry out fever blisters and to bring down swellings and bruises. A must have for our medicine cabinet.

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
I open an acidophilus cap, make a paste out of it with a drop or two of milk and put it on there. It's not easy to get it to stick so make it kind of thick and kind of "balance" it on there and smoosh it around the sore on the part of the lip that is not sore. Leave it on as long as you can. Then orally take the acidophilus too and lysine if you have it. well, that's what I've always done. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
23,906 Posts
Best thing I have ever used is Abreva. Put it on as soon as you start to feel the tingle, and apply it more often than the every two hours they recommend.

It works SO well, and I am very impressed -- even consider the price worth it.

Pony!

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
I used to work for an elderly lady who told me to drink a glass of buttermilk when a fever blister started. I tried it and it was gone the next day, it really works for me.

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
I had that happen when I was moving, and all my stuff was stuck on a truck for five days. All I had with me was my Blistex Herbal Answer (I confess I'm a lip balm junkie and use it constantly!). Well, it was all I had and I was too broke to go buy anything else, so I just rubbed it into the blister five or six times a day whenever I thought about it, and it was gone in two days! It worked even better than the Abreva or even the prescription Zovirax my doctor gives me occasionally! It comes in a stick (like Chapstick) or a tube. I like the tube better, but have been having a hard time finding it lately, but I guess the stick would work just as well, and it's less than $2.00. HTH :)

calliemoonbeam

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
I used alcohol on poison ivy every time it woke me with the itching and it dried up pronto. Might be too painful on a fever blister.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.