Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
My hair looked really great. Normally It is frizzy and out of control. While I was pregnant it was smooth and sleek and easy to manage. It was awesome.

~Emily

·
Happiness is Homemade
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yes.. the hair and nails!!
thats a good one.

I LOVED feeling the baby inside me. It was kind of like a "Secret" special relationship that was all mine... never again have I felt so close to anyone.. it is so special. I dont think I can put it into words to explain it.

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
Pregnancy affected my hair, too. It made it grow (my hair never grows) and get fuller. I also loved the special attention people give to a pregnant woman. I loved the way I looked. I mean I'm a big woman and had a big stomach but being pregnant filled my stomach out in a different way where I looked really good. I only gained about 10 pounds. My first pregnancy I lost 28 pounds by the time I left the hospital a week later and lost a total of 85 pounds within 3 months(without dieting)...before I started gaining it back. I loved feeling the baby kick and move around.

I love that the second pregnancy I just knew I was pregnant before it showed positive on a pregnancy test. I went to see my doc and he did a test and exam and said I wasn't pregnant and I said "Yes, I am" and he said to come back in at a later date because I wasn't showing yet. I did and I was. :)

I just loved everything about being pregnant.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I absolutely loved every bit of being pregnant (to the groans of most women). The best is losing all sense of insecurity about your body. I forgot about the jeans that didn't fit and the constant stress of trying to eat right and exercise everyday. Instead I could just relax and take care of myself the right way for being pregnant, and just take it one day at a time.

I also loved the glow. You don't know that you have it until someone tells you that you are "glowing" and you know exactly what they mean.

Even in the tired phases I really enjoyed carrying all of my babies...it makes me sad that I only had 3 because I could have carried a lot more!

·
Registered
48 Posts
So I get to be the voice of dissent. I was miserable while pregnant! I started off sick and losing weight. Then I was on antibiotics that made me loose weight even more dramatically. Then I was on complete bedrest - not even allowed to sit up - for 3 MONTHS. I was hospitalized once a week in this time, each time on meds that made me gorribly sick. I couldn't take a sip of water or even lick a popsicle without puking.

The best part of being pregnant is - when it's OVER!

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
No period every month!!!! :D

I loved being pregnant & miss it terribly. I loved lying awake at night feeling the baby move. I always felt great while pregnant, so I really loved everything about it.

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts
For me it was definitely feeling the baby kick,roll over,punch,hiccup... and when I got bigger,the way they would RESPOND to me if I rubbed,stroked & tapped my belly. Absolutely Amazing. I am tearing up just thinking of it... the baby is 7 weeks old now, and there are times I truly miss those special moments that can only be shared between mother & child. They definitely have their own special little personality BEFORE birth,as well as after!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Vanne said:
So I get to be the voice of dissent. I was miserable while pregnant! I started off sick and losing weight. Then I was on antibiotics that made me loose weight even more dramatically. Then I was on complete bedrest - not even allowed to sit up - for 3 MONTHS. I was hospitalized once a week in this time, each time on meds that made me gorribly sick. I couldn't take a sip of water or even lick a popsicle without puking.

The best part of being pregnant is - when it's OVER!
You are not alone. My hair looking nice was the only thing I enjoyed. I was pretty uncomfortable the rest of the time. I want more children but the thought of going through that again keeps me from getting to over exuberant about it. Thankfully most women seem to have a better time of it.

~Emily

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
I LOVED being pregnant. With the first I had no morning sickness and with the second I only had a week's worth of mild sickness. I've never felt healthier than when I was pregnant. I had so much energy! I loved my body when I was pregnant and loved to feel the baby moving.

If I could have, I'd have stayed pregnant for years!

·
This is my life
3,828 Posts
I was sick for the first 3 months, lost 15 lbs. I LOVED IT. I knew it was going to be my only baby and I made sure that I enjoyed everyday of it. great hair, great nails, got to eat whatever I wanted. When he moved it was a miracle everytime.

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
Kstornado11 said:
For me it was definitely feeling the baby kick,roll over,punch,hiccup... and when I got bigger,the way they would RESPOND to me if I rubbed,stroked & tapped my belly. Absolutely Amazing. I am tearing up just thinking of it... the baby is 7 weeks old now, and there are times I truly miss those special moments that can only be shared between mother & child. They definitely have their own special little personality BEFORE birth,as well as after!
I know what you mean about missing those special times before birth. That bond! You are just 7 weeks from that special bonding and no wonder you are missing it so. Enjoy your little one! (((Hugs)))

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I was also a person who was pretty ill and uncomfortable during pregnancy but I still loved it cause like the OP said.....I got the baby in the end. :)
I loved the feeling the baby move the best.
It was so worth it every time and I will do it again and again as many times as the Lord sees fit. :)
God Bless,
Michele

·
Registered
17 Posts
MicheleMomof4 said:
I was also a person who was pretty ill and uncomfortable during pregnancy but I still loved it cause like the OP said.....I got the baby in the end. :)
I loved the feeling the baby move the best.
It was so worth it every time and I will do it again and again as many times as the Lord sees fit. :)
God Bless,
Michele
You are so right. The baby at the end does make it worth it. No amount of discomfort is ever more important then getting to hold that little bundle and to watch it grow. All this talk of babys makes me want to have another.

~Emily

·
Icelandic Sheep
3,348 Posts
Am I the only one that loves pregnancy boobs?

I love it when I'm about 3.5 months pregnant and not really showing, but the "girls" are preparing for lactation fiercely! I look totally hot LOL :) My husband likes it too.

:) RedTartan

·
Amanda
1,138 Posts
Well I am pregnant right now. I love being pregnant. I agree about the mother child bonding part. I love it when little Jacob kicks. I love the way DH talks to my belly and rubs it and tells the baby that he will have the best mommy ever. I didn't have morning sickness with this one. With my first had all day sickness, but I loved being pregnant!

·
Registered
271 Posts
The best part ... hmmm.... let me think. I can't really pin point anything. My girls (3) were all real stubborn. They would get into positions that was comfortable (FOR THEM) and no amount of poking, rubbing, or patting would make them move. If they were where they wanted to be, that was all there was to it, they would not move. I didn't take prenatal vitamins, so my hair and nails didn't grow any more than they usually do. I did not get morning sickness with any of my girls though. I could not stand strangers rubbing on my stomach. I wasn't ever rude to any of them (my momma raised me better than that). I had a period for 3 months with my second child. I'm going to have to say that the best part of being pregnant is when the baby is actually moving. My newest baby (4 weeks) wasn't as bad as the other two about stickin their feet in my ribs or just sticking it out like I had some kind of growth on my stomach. Pregnancy :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts