What is she waiting for??

Discussion in 'Goats' started by KimM, May 9, 2006.

1. KimM

KimM Student of goatology.

I am STILL waiting for Dana to kid! It is now 153 days and she has ALL the signs but just won't give 'em up. I've been watching her for 3 nights straight, not much sleep, even with a video monitor.
    I measured her belly and it was 63" (5' 3") around!! She's as big around as I am tall. Her sides stick wayyyyy out, poor girl. Her udder is the size of a jersey cow, she's Boer/Alpine cross. I wish she'd get this over with already.....very sleepy here!

2. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

You'll drop off and take a little nap, wake up and there'll be 2-3 kids standing there. That's what mine always did. They do it on purpose to spite you. It's personal and you chould take it that way. LOL :help:

3. cmharris6002

cmharris6002 Well-Known Member Supporter

My yearling doe is at day 152. I just measured he and she is 48" around with a 36" heart girth. I expect her to have twins. I think you'd better be ready for quads or triplets!

I wish I would have measured my other three does, they were huge and surprised me with quads/quads/triplets

4. nduetime

nduetime I am a Christian American Supporter

Wow! She is as big around as I am tall too! My nubian was about that size and she delivered triplets at day 153. Good luck, keep us posted.

5. KimM

KimM Student of goatology.

Tried it.....that didn't even work!! Gonna pull her through a keyhole next....
    :rolleyes:

6. rainedaze

rainedaze Well-Known Member

I am going through the same thing right now with two first-time fresheners. I actually thought that it was going to happen this past Sunday because we were gone all day doing other things. NO!! I am still waiting. Last year mine did it when I was late getting out to do chores. I came out and there were 3 kids there. Good luck. I hope that she delivers for you soon.
    Heather

7. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Good Luck with Dana, there isn't much that you can do, good luck, I will be praying that she has the babies soon. Good Luck. Bye.

8. rainedaze

rainedaze Well-Known Member

I received phone calls today and other things came up. I got outside late to do chores and there were two little nubians there to greet me this morning. Same as the last instance I had described above. That means my other will be today or tomorrow too as they were put out the same day. Good luck. I am praying that yours are soon as well.
    Heather

9. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

A vet friend told me that it takes a little longer to grow multilples.
    The longer the wait, the more kids usually. I hope you get quad does if that is what you want.