Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Kurubota ham in the roaster, which seems like a funny Japanese name for pork from a Berkshire hog, but it’s amazing stuff. We are also having hashed brown casserole, homemade baked beans, deviled eggs, fruit salad, pineapple bread pudding, and lemon cake and coconut cake for dessert. Pineapple wine and a rose’ to drink, and ,y daughter is making Easter punch.

·
newfieannie
9,990 Posts
i'm alone this year so all i did was make myself a cheeseburger and a small dessert similar to a trifle from a pk of angel food i had in my preps. ate in front of the computer. not much like Easter and everything is covered in sleet here. ~Georgia

·
Registered
2 Posts
First time the Family gathered together since the Pandemic began.
We had a 10 Lb. ham covered with a Citrus Buckwheat honey Glaze.
Mashed potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Home Frozen Sweet Corn And creamed Cabbage. And , a loaf of home made Sourdough bread.
It was Nice to get the Family together again.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The family ate 2 of the calves who were slaughtered last month and they were juicy boys still sad they are gone they were beautiful and we also ate loaded baked potatoes, chicken legs from the chickens we butchered today for Easter, and some lamb chops from last years lambs who also got sent and they were good aswell and some goat meat from last years bucklings that we decided to slaughter instead of go to sale barn they weren’t as good as we hoped and we milked a couple of our dairy goats don’t have many dairy we only have 2 dairy goats the rest are Boer goats and we eat them a lot at least we eat the bucklings and most are always eaten up on Easter and all the family loved the food ! Hope everyone had a great Easter!! 🐣

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Ham, cheesy potatoes, Mac n cheese, broccoli salad, deviled eggs, Rice Krispies treats and lamb cake with strawberries.

·
Registered
Acta non verba
1,211 Posts
Not religious here, so just a normal day for us. I had salad for lunch, a bit of cold venison I cooked on Saturday, and more vegetables for supper. And coffee. :)

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
My hubby is working out of state so it was just me at home with the pups. I made French toast with fresh eggs from my chicks and homemade Butter Bread and fresh maple syrup. I love breakfast for dinner.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Baked a ham and made gravy, rice, home canned green beans, corn, salad, blueberry cobbler. Just the two of us but I got out the Easter tablecloth, candles, put a nice center piece on the table. Even had ordered in some treats for hubby and snuck an Easter basket out for him the night before. Boy was he ever surprised! We are religious. Enjoyed our church online, as well as two others, one local and one in a town we like to vacation. Will receive Communion later in the week privately.

Covid numbers falling here. Churches back open but we follow cdc guidelines so waiting a few more weeks.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
After church, we had lunch which consisted of ham balls, scallops, baked potatoes, corn, and crescent rolls. For dessert, we had brownies, and a pumpkin roll that I bought at the local grocery store. (It looked good but sadly didn't even taste like pumpkin and was dry.)

However, our son was with us for the first time in a long time. It was a relaxing day, as we watched all the episodes of Resident Alien that my son hadn't seen before. So funny.

Was sad to see our son go, but he left in the evening to get home, so he could be at work today.

It sure was wonderful to have our son home though!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts