Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting curious about going commercial. Could someone let me know the ins and outs. We have in the past raised rabbits for our own use, and family, friends. The last couple months I bred to sell to other people. It's all been quite fun, and we really enjoy it. What all is involved with finding a processor to buy rabbits. If there are links that you have, so I know their requirements, it would be appreciated.

Also, I am not a member of ARBA (yet). What are the benefits of joining? Is it mainly if you are wanting to sell pedigree rabbits?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
mljjranch

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for mentioning PRMA, I had looked at the site before, but looked again. Now I am waiting for dh to look at it before deciding to join or not. I also knew Pat was in charge. :)
I've also found in the last couple days http://forums.delphiforums.com/rabbitcommunity which seems to have a little info on it. I guess I am basically asking and wanting to hear how hard it is. It seems that PRMA would be something you have to join if you want a list of processors and buyers. I have called two places close to us that are meat wholesalers, and they said they buy most meats but rabbit was not one of them. So, I will continue to read and find out as much as I can. Thanks.

mljjranch

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Pat, I just sent you a email. :)

Hotel Cal.- I will check out the website. Thanks for explaining PRMA, we will be joining. I really needed to hear what it was all about, and it seems like it WILL have the information that I seek. Dh is going to have some time off this weekend, so I plan on going over everything with him.

Thanks again!
mljjranch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.