·
Registered
42,495 Posts
I always wonder which state fails first, California or Illinois

Reactions: nehimama

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
We have family downstate, like, way downstate. It's okay down there, but the odor from the lake drifts all the way down, if you get my meaning.
When Quinn won the gubernatorial election 10 y/a, he won only ONE county of the 104 in IL-- Cook. The lop-sided, unthinking vote (95-5) there swung the whole thing for him. Tail wagging the dog.

·
Registered
42,495 Posts
When Quinn won the gubernatorial election 10 y/a, he won only ONE county of the 104 in IL-- Cook. The lop-sided, unthinking vote (95-5) there swung the whole thing for him. Tail wagging the dog.
We see the same thing play out nationally where cities, especially coastal cites, carry an oversized vote

Reactions: Pony and doc-

·
Registered
16,030 Posts
I always wonder which state fails first, California or Illinois
I'm not sure how you would define fail. Both states have a lot of problems. California seems to have more options. Illinois is ruled by Chicago. California has many more big cities. California creates and leads trends. Illinois gets them 3 hours later (cst). Illinois has a pension system in a death spiral and they cannot absorb the loss of middle class and businesses leaving the state. They both however, believe in damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead when it comes to what is pretty apparent, a self destructing liberal ideology.

·
Registered
I'm on lifetime homesteading project number 5, all in Indiana and Michigan.
195 Posts
We see the same thing play out nationally where cities, especially coastal cites, carry an oversized vote
This is why the Electoral College must never be abandoned. It prevents every election from being decided in big cities in just a handful of states.

·
Registered
22,823 Posts
We have family downstate, like, way downstate. It's okay down there, but the odor from the lake drifts all the way down, if you get my meaning.
Very true. Far different here in the southern part. A lot of stupid state laws and mandates are completely ignored. Even the state cops ignore them. We have 1 state cop per shift covering 3 counties and we rarely see one unless they are called to a major wreck on a highway.

Reactions: Pony

·
Registered
42,495 Posts
They both however, believe in damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead when it comes to what is pretty apparent, a self destructing liberal ideology.
I think that is a pretty good definition of failure

·
Registered
42,495 Posts
This is why the Electoral College must never be abandoned. It prevents every election from being decided in big cities in just a handful of states.
That is why many want it abolished.

The word "democracy" has become a bad word in my vernacular

·
Registered
57 Posts
"Malignant tumor attached to our lower quarters"....yep, Michigan has the same problem with Detroit. And Flint. Two towns that were once thriving manufacturing areas that after decades of democrat mob rule have become dismal, depressed, and scary cities. Burned out homes and rubble filled streets where once stood working class neighborhoods of nice little houses. And yet, somehow, they magically have enough people vote there to over-ride the rest of the state.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I'm not sure how you would define fail. Both states have a lot of problems. California seems to have more options. Illinois is ruled by Chicago. California has many more big cities. California creates and leads trends. Illinois gets them 3 hours later (cst). Illinois has a pension system in a death spiral and they cannot absorb the loss of middle class and businesses leaving the state. They both however, believe in damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead when it comes to what is pretty apparent, a self destructing liberal ideology.
Honestly, I think the only thing that consistently saves California is the weather. If the weather in the highly populated parts of California was like the weather in Illinois, there would be a lot less people willing live here and put up with the B.S.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I’ll be making the journey there next weekend for one of my sisters 70th birthday party. I just go for special occasions, and make sure my sidearm is ready. My family gets on my case about not coming down often. I tell them they have lived in the Chicago area so long, they doesn’t realize how bad it is. Maybe come live by me for awhile, then see how enthusiastic they are about driving down to visit Chicago.

·
Premium Member
24,833 Posts
That is why many want it abolished.

The word "democracy" has become a bad word in my vernacular
It should be a bad word in everyone's vernacular.

The United States are a Constitutional Republic. (I stress the word "are" because the country is not one big land mass, but a consortium of individual states.)

Democracies always ALWAYS fail, because they reduce to mob rule. The majority -- even by one vote -- can take what they want from the minority. That's what is happening in the US today.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts