Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to bake pineapple zucchini bead fo DD and DH's etun home this evening. I shedded my zuchini drained my pineapple realized I was out of baking soda. Went to the convenience store bought that(with construction it takes me twice as long to get to the grocery). Came home finished up the batter and put the loaves in the oven.

Walked in the kitchen to check on the bread and we must have had an electric hiccup. Oven was off. Turnd it back on and the bread ended up getting to brown on the outside.

The dogs have been barking all day. I have barely had a minutes peace. For whatever reason, The wildlife hasd been crazy running through here today. Between the deer by the garage and the groundhogs in the field, and don't forget the wild turkeys that decided to hang out with pig and the goats in the fenced pasture I haven't had a minute of quiet all day.

I noticed some of my words are missing the r. the letter is having some issues on the puter today. working sometimes others not. Please excuse

I don't want to yell at the dogs they are doing what they are supposed to do. They bark to let me know something is out there and shut up. The problem is there is too many somethings runnin through here today. The beagle and the pyr can run loose but only if I am out there to watch them. The beagle gets in trouble with his beagle nose which will carry him to other countries if you don't keep an eye on him and the pyr is just a pup and doesn't completely know her boundaries yet.

Just a very over active day here on trapp mountain I guess. Course I wouldn't be suprised if we had some weird weather come through tonight or tomorrow though. Strange animal days sometimes fore tell things like that. They are only calling for some rain late tonight, time will tell

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Listening to Neil Young and remembering 4 dead in Ohio. Just remembering, back when I was young and tough.

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,532 Posts
We had a near miss collision this afternoon. Guy was making a left turn to access the turn road to head in the opposite direction. When suddenly he decides to swerve right into our lane and almost broadsides us. He said he couldn't see us in his mirrors. We drive a full size van, and he was driving a full size van. Don't understand how he could not see us, unless he wasn't looking to begin with!!!
Two women in the car behind us stopped to ask if we were okay as they saw the whole thing. We were shaken but okay.

Today people have seemed to be in some kind of "funk". Maybe its a full moon coming.

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
I have days like that. It's been rough lately because hubby is having to work six day weeks, and sometimes 12 hours days. The dogs are getting very antsy because he's not home to be out with them.

Plus, they cut our hay last week and are picking it up today. The dogs don't like all the strangers around. Thank goodness the dogs were in the back yard because the idiot UPS person brought a package to the house. We have told them over and over to leave packages at the delivery box by the gate. We've told them about the dogs and why we don't want them coming up. They came up today "because the gate was open".

The gate is open because of the hay guys (will have to have a word with them about keeping the gate closed). I told UPS I didn't care if the gate was MISSING I did NOT want them coming up here. Next week the lock will be on permanently.

There's been a lot of wildlife around here too. The dogs recently killed a weasel and last week they killed a groundhog.

There is a full moon coming...July 30th. Don't know if that has anything to do with the craziness, but last week the space bar wouldn't work on our keyboard. Now it's working fine.

·
Registered
10,827 Posts
OK, lets get back to basics. Pineapple zucchini bread? That sounds way to good.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:) JJ-first time I made it. Other than it turning out to dark thanks to the blink in the electric it sure tasted good too.

It sounds like everyone else is having a wierd day too. Hopefully tomorrow will be back to normal. At least DH will be back in the same state but working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts